'Happy birthday beautiful.'

Who is this from? It wasn't from Niall, he doesn't know that today is my birthday, which made me frown.

"Heather!" Ami screamed up the stairs, I placed everything back in the box before opening the door and yelling what. "Come on, we've got some appointments to go too."

This will be a long day.

*

"I liked the red better than the black, it makes you look younger." Ami commented as I got changed in the bathroom while she sat in my room waiting for me. I had gotten my hair died a bright red and got our nails done, I rolled my eyes.

"Are you saying the black hair makes me look old?" I joked as I stepped back inside the room, her eyes were wide.

"Oh my gosh, that dress looks perfect." I looked in the mirror, and she was right. It ended a little above my knees showing the long white scar, as my now red hair was curled. "Where did you buy that?" I looked over at her shrugging.

"Someone sent it through the mail." She raised an eyebrow as I messed with my hair before we went down the stairs.

"That's what was in the brown box?" She asked raising an eyebrow as she grabbed the dollar-store pink crown that had 'Birthday Princess' written on it, placing it on my head carefully before walking outside.

"Yeah, weird isn't it?" She shrugged crossing her arms as we stepped outside. My dad was cooking at the grill while hanging out with my uncles, as the younger kids were in the pool including Maddie with loud music playing.

"Heather, over her!" My mother shouted, I sighed as my heels clicked against the patio. "That dress is beautiful! You didn't meet them last time, this is your cousin Jackson." I shook his hand as we said hello. He had black hair with brown eyes with a eyebrow ring, he kinda creeped me out.

"Well, I'm Heather." I giggled feeling my face flush realizing that he already knew my name, awkward.

"Why don't you go see your father, see what he's doing." I nodded going to the drink table first grabbing a juice box, when my father stopped me.

"You are eighteen, your aloud to drink." He smiled, I smirked grabbing a wine cooler instead as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, sighing. "Can't believe you're already this old, I remember you being five just yesterday." I leaned into his side smiling.

"Don't worry dad, I won't be going anywheres for along time." He smiled placing a kiss onto my head, when he suddenly placed his hands over my eyes. Everything was silent. "Dad? What's going on?" I started freaking out slightly, what's going on? I could hear quiet whispers with a clunk, and someone clearing their throat. And that's when I heard the familiar sound of the guitar, and that voice I've missed so much.

'I figured it out,
I figured it out from black and white
Seconds and hours,
Maybe they had to take some time

I know how it goes,
I know how it goes from wrong and right
Silence and sound
Did they ever hold each other tight
Like us?
Did they ever fight
Like us?

You and I
We don't wanna be like them
We can make it 'til the end
Nothing can come between
You and I
Not even the gods above
Can separate the two of us
No, nothing can come between
You and I

Oh, you and I

I figured it out,
Saw the mistakes of up and down
Meet in the middle,
There's always room for common ground

I see what it's like,
I see what it's like for day and night
Never together
'Cause they see things in a different light
Like us
But they never tried
Like us

You and I
We don't wanna be like them
We can make it 'til the end
Nothing can come between
You and I
Not even the gods above
Can separate the two of us

'Cause you and I...

We don't wanna be like them,
We can make it 'til the end,
Nothing can come between
You and I
Not even the gods above
Can separate the two of us
No, nothing can come between
You and I

You and I

Oh, you and I
Oh, you and I

We can make it if we try,
You and I

Oh, you and I'