DDM Lirry

Dad; Liam.
Papa; Harry.
Age; 18.
•••••••••••

"You left us!" Harry sobbed. "You left me all alone with our daughter!" Harry wiped his tears but it was no use, they didn't stop.

Liam sighed running a hand through his short hair. "But, I'm back now. Doesn't that count for something? I'm back, we can be a family again." He said.

Harry scoffed. "Family? You cower away from the word. You don't even know the meaning of the fucking word! You never even wanted Y/n, you hated the idea of becoming a dad, being called dad! You hated it, and you made us hate you!" He spat.

Liam looked down, playing with his fingers. "When you left, you were the victim, you loved the attention you got, everyone feeling sorry for you." Harry explained.

"That's not my fault!" Liam argued. "As what did I get?" Harry asked. "I got abuse yelled at me, people treating me like dirt, people were even yelling abuse at Y/n. But, you don't care about that part don't you? No, because you never saw Y/n as a daughter." He said.

Liam shook his head. "I still love her, Harry. I love you both, I'm her dad!" He said. "No! No, you're not not! Anyone can be a dad, but it takes a real man to be a father!" Harry argued.

Y/n stood at the living room door, watching the two most important men in her life argue. "Papa..." I whispered, Harry's head snapping towards her. "Why is Liam here?" She asked.

Liam's eyes going wide when he heard his daughter call him by his first name. "I'm not Liam to you, I'm your dad." He said. Y/n shook her head. "No you're not. You'll never be my dad, you lost the privilege to be called my dad when you walked out on us." She argued.

"I didn't have a choice! I wasn't ready to be a dad, I saw you, holding a baby scared me, god knows what I was going to be like raising one." Liam explained.

"Well, you left before you could experience that." Harry said, folding his arms. "I'm sorry." Liam said. "Look, I'm back now, can you let me try?" He asked.

"What if you give up? I mean, that's what you do a lot. You give up." Harry said. "Please! Please, just give me a chance." Liam begged, he wanted the family he had back then.

Harry and Y/n looked at each other and shrugged. "You have one chance." Harry said, holding one finger up. "I swear, Liam, if you fuck this up...you can forget about the both of us." He said.

••

Liam sat at the table, waiting for Y/n to make her way downstairs. He smiled at the object in his hands.

Y/n finally made her way downstairs. "Happy birthday!" He said and held out the present.

Y/n went wide eyed. "You-you remembered?" She asked, a small smile making its way on her face. "Of course I did, get forget my baby girl's birthday can't I?" Liam asked, handing her the present.

"Fun fact actually, I was going to give you this the day you were born." Liam said, scratching the back of his neck.

"...it's just weird that you would give me this, I mean..you've never even sent me a card." Y/n said, holding the little bear.

"Well, I'm trying to show that I'm going to be a better dad. I only want what's best for you." Liam explained.

Harry stood at the kitchen door, watching the scene unfold. "You got her a teddy bear and you think all is right with the world?" He asked.

"It was just a little present, been holding onto that since the day...." Liam said, drifting off at the end. "Since the day you abandon us?" Harry asked, Liam nodding slowly.

"You're not going to let me forget that are you?" Liam asked. Harry let out a scoff, "I'm going to let you remember your mistake for the rest of your life. You abandoned the family you told me you wanted, that you were ready for, but you lied...as you always do." He replied.

"Just let me try, Harry." Liam said. Harry sighed, "you do remember your daughter called you by your first name last night, right?" He asked.

Liam nodded, "we all say things we don't mean." He replied. "How do you know she didn't mean it?" Harry asked. "You left us, Liam. That's not something we can forget like that. We don't want to go through that again...it was too hard." He added.

Liam sighed, "like I said, I'm sorry." He said.

But was he though?

••TWO WEEKS LATER••

"Dad! Dad!" Y/n called, running into the house, Harry behind her with a massive smile on his face. "Dad, I passed my driving test! Dad!" She ran about the house, not finding her dad anywhere.

Harry looked in the kitchen, seeing a note on the counter.

Not again, please not again.

'Harry, I'm sorry but...I can't do this anymore. I thought seeing you guys again would make me happy, but I can't keep it up much longer. I'm still not ready to be a dad. I'm sorry.
Liam. X'

"He's left again hasn't he?" Y/n asked, tears making their way down her face. "Oh, love." Harry said softly, pulling her into his arms.

"Do you know what? I'm actually not surprised. He thinks he can walk back into our lives like that?! I've grown up without him, I learned how to ride a bike without him, I had my first heartbreak without him, I learned how to read and write without him, i learned and got through everything with you! I had seventeen great birthdays without him, he never even sent me a fucking card! TO HELL WITH HIM!" Y/n screamed, turning around facing the door.

Harry let out a sigh, seeing that Y/n let out a sob, staring at the teddy bear that Liam got her, watching her pick it up, holding it close to her chest. "Why doesn't he want me, papa?" She asked, the tears finally making their way down her face as Harry instantly pulled her into his arms.

They only need each other.