Lilo Imagine

^Two months ago.^

Louis looked at his hand in shock, Liam holding his cheek in shock.

"Oh my god, Liam, I'm so sorry. I was angry." Louis said, going to take Liam's hand when he flinched, Louis' eyes brimming with tears, "no, you don't have  to be scared of me, I'm not going to hurt you." Louis said.

"You slapped me." Liam whispered, eyes on the floor, can't even look at the man he loved in the eye. "Why did you do that?"

Louis gripped his hair and let out a sob, "I was angry, you didn't believe me...I'm sorry." He replied, wanting to curl into a ball and rock back and forth, but he knows that he might lose Liam, and that's the last thing that he wants.

"I need to leave." Liam said and grabbed his phone. "I think it would be best if we gave each other some space for a few days, or even weeks."

Louis' head snapped up, "no, you can't leave me!" He said and grabbed Liam's arm, Liam looking at him in fear. "No, shit, Liam I didn't mean to scare you, it's just don't leave." Louis said.

Liam didn't know what to do. "Please, Liam...don't leave."

^Present^

Louis has been on edge ever since that day, crying himself to sleep every night, waiting until Liam's sound asleep before the tears make their way down his face.

Liam watched Louis from the doorframe, his arms folded, "are you alright, Lou?" He asked. Liam knew that Louis was scared to go near Liam, being careful when being around him.

Louis wiped his eyes, "yes, yes I'm fine." He replied smiling softly.

Liam has noticed that Louis doesn't even hug him, well he does but it feels like he's not even hugging him, he only holds his hands but he makes sure that he doesn't hold too tight, too scared to in case he hurts him.

"Want to help me make dinner? I'm making your favourite." Liam said and Louis nodded, standing up slowly, waiting for Liam to lead the way.

••

"Okay, now we need the sauce and the chips. Can you get them for me?" Liam asked as he read the recipe.

Louis nodded and got the bag of chips, handing them to Liam and went to the cupboard and brought out the sauce.

Turning to go back to Liam, he held his hand out for Liam to take the sauce, but he hit Liam in the arm in the process.

Louis went wide eyed, dropping the sauce in shock. Everything he did to avoid him hitting Liam again. "I'm sorry." He whispered, the tears brimming in his eyes.

"Lou, Lou. It's ok, it was an accident." Liam said, taking Louis' hand in his. "Look at me, it's ok." Liam said, knowing Louis was about to freak out.

"I'm sorry!" Louis sobbed. "It was a mistake, I never knew you were that close to me, I'm such a fuck up, please don't leave me, Liam. I tried to keep my distance so I didn't hit you again, I tried to stop myself from getting angry, even when I'm cold. You know I get cranky when I'm cold and I didn't want to take it out on you in case I hurt you again. I'm sorry, Li, I'm sorry. I'll leave, it's better if I leave, you would be more safe." He said and went to walk out the door when Liam pulled him back.

"Calm down!" Liam said, staring into Louis' eyes. "Louis, you need to calm down, I'm fine. It didn't even hurt." He said.

"I just didn't want to hurt you again, Li. I've hurt you once, I can't let it happen again. I can't lose you." Louis sobbed.

"You're not going to lose me, not now, not ever. I promise."

He promises.