DDM Harry

Sorry for the slow updates. This one is kind of sad and i know I'm making a lot of these but for the next few chapters, you can send in requests and I'll try to do as many as I can. 😋

Harry stood at Y/n's bedroom door, she was sound asleep holding a photo.

Harry sighed, walking towards Y/n's bed he slowly took the photo out of her hand, careful not to wake her up.

As he was taking the photo out of her hand, he noticed the tear stains on her cheeks.

See, Harry and Y/n are not as close as they were, a few years ago, Harry's wife, Y/n's mother passed away with a long term illness.

It's not that Harry blames his daughter, he just can't look at her as she looks just like her mother and it hurts Harry to see the resemblance.

Harry looked down at the photo and the tears immediately gathered in his eyes.

In his hands was a photo of Y/n and her mother, Y/n was only three at the time. Her mother had her in her arms as they ate ice cream and Y/n managed to get ice cream on her nose so her mother is laughing at her.

The picture is one of Harry's favourites.

"What are you doing?" Y/n asked softly.

"Uh, just checking to see if you were asleep." Harry replied. "And, uh, dinners ready." As Harry was saying this, he was looking at his feet, avoiding all eye contact with Y/n.

"Oh, well, ok." Y/n said standing up.

"Can you put this photo back where you found it?" Harry asked still looking at his feet, holding the picture out to Y/n.

"Sure." Y/n mumbled and took the photo, putting it back in Harry's room. She wasn't really allowed in there anymore.

"Stay out of there, yeah?" Harry asked and Y/n nodded.

"I'm sorry." She whispered and headed downstairs.

"Yeah, so am I." Harry whispered but it was something that he won't say to Y/n's face.

^Later^
*Harry's p.o.v.*

This was the night I dreaded, Friday night was movie night.

Y/n sat on the chair, typing away on her phone as I debated with myself as to either watch a film or go upstairs handing Y/n the remote.

"Do you, uh, want to watch a film?" I asked, not taking my eyes off of the telly.

"Uh, sure. I saw on demand that the new Purge film is on it and I heard it was quite good." Y/n replied and I nodded putting it on.

As I was putting the film on, I noticed that Y/n was holding in tears. I decided to act like I didn't notice, I know I'm her father and I'm meant to protect her but it's the resemblance of her mother that makes it harder.

"I'm just heading to the bathroom." Y/n said, heading down the hall.

I looked at the chair and noticed that she left her phone on the arm rest of the chair.

I went towards the chair and saw that she was texting her friend, Hannah. I unlocked the phone, the password being her mothers birthday.

'He just ignores me all the time, Hannah. His excuse is always the same, I look too much like my mother. If that's the problem, shouldn't he care so it's like my mum is still here?'

'I don't know, Y/n/n, I'm sure he loves you so much. I mean, you are his daughter.'

'Yeah, I'm his daughter and he treats me like I'm some sort of stranger. It's hard, Hannah and I don't know if it'll ever be normal again.'