DDM Liam

{Ten years ago.}

"No, Cheryl, you can't take him! I can't lose him!" Liam sobbed as Cheryl was packing Bear's stuff. "Liam, I'm sorry, but it's best if he came with his mum, I'm all he needs. You still have Y/n." Cheryl explained.

"Don't take my son, please." Liam sobbed, heading towards Bear's crib when Cheryl stopped him. "Just stop it, Liam. I've already made up my mind. Now far away from him." She said, picking up Bear.

"Cheryl please!" Liam begged. "CHERYL!" He yelled and dropped to his knees.

The days, weeks, months, even years went past and Y/n was a mess, but Liam was worse, drinking every day and night.

"Dad?" Y/n asked as she walked home from school. "Dad, you home?!" She asked looking in every room when she opened the back door. "Oh my god, DAD!" She yelled, seeing her dad unconscious, with a bottle of vodka next to him. "Dad, open your eyes, dad please!" She sobbed.

==

The boys helped Y/n with Liam, his liver not healthy because of all the drink. "He's going to be ok, love." Louis said softly.

"He's really ill, Louis. What if he doesn't make it? What if he never heels?" Y/n asked, letting the sobs take over.

Louis sighed as he pulled her into his side, "he's going to be ok, love. I promise."

{present time}

"You let her in here?! You let her stay the night?! Dad, you do know what she did to us, right?!" Y/n asked.

"She tried, Y/n-" "she was never here!" "She always tried-" "SHE WAS NEVER FUCKING HERE! SHE LEFT!" Y/n yelled.

Liam looked at her wide eyed, filled with tears.

"I was eight, dad. Eight. I had to take care of you, and myself. I had to drag you into the house every night because I found you lying in the back garden drunk. But, how did you think I felt when I found you unconscious? I was fucking eight years old, dad! I had never been so scared in all my life. I thought I lost you like I had lost mum. You're all I had left. That night when you came home from god knows where, we missed the dad-daughter dance. I've been looking forward to that ever since I saw it advertised and it was put up two years before the actual night. I had the whole night planned, I even had my fucking outfit planned. I had to go out looking for you one night, only to find out you were in the car." Y/n explained.

"I'm sorry-" "I'm not done." Y/n said, holding her hand up.

"Do you know I nearly gave up? I nearly gave up everything because i was getting too stressed, sitting at school, not listening to what the teacher was saying because I was too worried about you. Everything got so hard, dad. I wanted everything to go back to normal!" She explained, the tears making their way down her face. "I had to go through everything myself, grow up myself. I had to go through my first crush myself, I had to go through my first heartbreak myself, I got bullied, bullied to the point I wanted to give it all up, but you kept me going. Making you happy kept me here, dad. Not Cheryl, not my own mother. She didn't love me."

"She did love you. She does love you-" "then why the hell are you still on her side?! She left us, dad! She fucking broke you. She broke this family apart. It's just us, dad, and we're going to make it together."