DDM Louis

Part six (last part)

I wiped a tear as it made down my face, Niall letting out a sigh as he hung up the phone. "Harry's on his way back." He said. "He's also bringing your dad." He added.

"No, Niall-" "you need to sort this out, Y/n. Dad or not." Niall said cutting me off. "He's not been himself, especially after he laid a hand on you, your mother left you at a young age-" "he left me as well!" I argued, as I cut Niall off that time.

Louis took a deep breath as he saw that he arrived at Niall and Harry's house. "I don't think I can do this." He mumbled. "Course you can, it's only Y/n." Harry said, getting out of the car and opening the door for Louis.

"Harry, maybe today isn't the best time to do this. Maybe we should try tomorrow, or a month or two." Louis said, scratching the back of his neck, a habit he does when he's nervous.

"A month or two? No, we're doing this now. Seeing you and Y/n upset makes Niall and I upset as well. Youse are going to have to sort it out sooner or later, and I want you to do it sooner." Harry said. Louis shook his head and let out a sigh, knowing that he's not going to get out of this.

As Harry opened the door, Louis walked in slowly behind him, wanting to do a runner but doesn't want to let Y/n down again.

"Niall!" Harry called and that's when Louis' mouth became dry. "Harry, I can't do this." He mumbled, going to run out when he felt a hand on his arm. "Harry let me go." He said.

"No." But, that wasn't Harry, it was Y/n. "Don't leave me again, da-don't leave." She said, Louis' heart breaking when she stopped herself from calling him dad.

"It's too hard, Y/n." He said. "Life is hard! But, you have to suck it up and deal with it! I found it so difficult when mum left, all I had was you, and I do happy that I had my dad to make me happy again, but my world came crashing down when you blamed it all on me!" Y/n explained.

"I'm sorry. But, things got so hard for your mother, it was too hard, all this work, trying to be the perfect wife and mother. It got too much for her." Louis explained. "And it wasn't hard for you? For me? For us?! We were meant to be a family, both of us are each other's family! Don't walk out like mum did!" Y/n argued.

"Your mother tried, Y/n." "She was never here!" "She always tried!" "SHE WAS NEVER FUCKING HERE! SHE LEFT!" Y/n yelled and that's when she broke down. "I watched my own mother walk out on us, and I went to hug you but you pushed me away. My own dad pushed me away. I tried everything to be the best daughter ever for you but you always left me in the shadows. Seeing you happy when you're surrounded by other people's kids. The smile on your face when you saw Bear, when you had Lux. You never looked at me like that after mum left." Y/n explained.

"You look like your mother!" Louis explained. "You look like your mother so much that it became too hard to even look at you." Y/n raised an eyebrow. "You made my life a living hell because I look like my mother?" She asked and Louis nodded. "It's sounds ridiculous, I know. But, it was just too hard." He explained.

Y/n was confused. "But, surely that's not a bad thing, right?" She asked. "No, of course not! But, I just found it difficult. It's not the easiest thing when you have to take care of someone when they look like the person you once loved that walked out of your life." Louis replied.

"How do you think I felt, da-it's not easy for me as well." Y/n said and Louis sighed. "Do you know what? I can't do this." He said. Y/n shook her head. "Why am I not surprised?" She mumbled and headed back upstairs.

"Louis!" Niall called, hearing Y/n's bedroom door close. "Lou, you can't leave." Niall said. "Do you think I want to? Niall, it's too hard right now-" "What is?! Things cant still be difficult for you! Y/n is your daughter and she needs you more than ever from now on now that her mother is gone. She's suffering as well, it's not just you that lost her!" Niall argued.

"I KNOW!" Louis yelled. "Okay? I know, do you know how much it broke my heart seeing Y/n in tears because I paid so little attention to her? Wanting nothing more than to pull her into a hug and tell her that it's going to be ok and all we need is each other? That I'm going to be there for her until she gets sick of me being by her side? That nothing will ever come between us and that I'm going to be the best dad there is? I've cried myself to sleep every night because I've come to realise just how bad of a dad I am! That's my baby girl, Niall. She's my baby girl and I'm meant to be there for her and protect her but I've not been able to do that because I've been to focused on myself about how I feel. You don't realise how many times I've wanted to turn back time, scream into my pillow, punch a wall-a mirror even. I've wanted to punish myself! I'm a shit dad and I'm always going to be known as a shit dad. Nothing will ever change." He explained.

"But, things can change. You can change by paying attention to her, you can change by talking to her, being there for her, listen to what she has to say. You can change by being her dad, Lou. You know you can." Niall argued.

"Help me then." Louis whispered.

"Welcome back." Miss Lester said as she took a seat, Louis smiling softly as Y/n nodded. "So, how are things?" She asked.

Y/n was about to say something when Louis cut her off. "I say we're doing ok. We're talking to each other again, which is a good start. We're only arguing a few times a week now, used to be three times a day. But, we're getting there. We'll be fine." He explained.

"Yeah, we'll be fine. It's all good."

It's all good.