DDM Niall

Part two

"Y/n..." Kathy said as she walked up to Y/n. "Look, I'm going to try, I know that you're a good girl-" Y/n scoffed. "I don't even fucking know you! You left when I was seven! Seven years old! Sure, our relationship wasn't what you call normal, but you were still my mum! I was still your baby girl, who defended you when people called you a slut, an alcoholic, all the things under the sun, and you stab me in the back by saying that I was a mistake and you left!" Y/n explained.

Kathy looked at Y/n with desperation in her eyes. "I did what was best for the both of you." She sobbed. "Did what was best?!" Y/n asked with a scoff. "Did you know a month after you left, dad and I were living in the back seat of dad's car?! No one knew that because they all knew that I got this, but dad never went to work, I was still at school, and I yelled at Louis, so I thought he hated me. We were living in a cold fucking car! Couldn't even turn it on because the car was out of petrol. My fucking lips were blue, dad held my hand tight, even though his was cold." She explained.

Kathy was about to say something when Y/n cut her off. "I knew we were going to be ok, you know why? I knew we were going to be ok because dad whispered that in my ear before he fell asleep. He whispered that we were going to be ok, and I believed him. We had our jackets on, zipped all the way up, we had our blankets wrapped around us, and he held me tight in his arms. My dad was there for me, and he was all I needed." She explained.

"I can be there for you too. You're still young, I can still be your mother." Kathy said. "A mother wouldn't leave, a mother wouldn't call her child a mistake, a mother would hold you tight in her arms, telling their child that they love them everyday, be there for them, and be fucking grateful that their child was defending them, even though you left! For a seven year old girl, the world is huge, you know nothing about anything. All I knew was the primary colours, how to count to a thousand, and say the alphabet backwards. But, I took the time to learn how to take care of myself, how to take care of my dad. I learned a lot all because my so called mother dearest done a runner." Y/n explained.

"Can I say something?" Harry asked, raising his hand and headed towards the trio. "Y/n is the strongest, bravest, most amazing girl I know. When things went downhill after they lost the house, Y/n kept her head up. She told herself everyday that everything is going to be ok. She told herself that everyday that went by, she was a day closer to a better life. It took us three months to find out that she and Niall were in the car. Y/n didn't want to come over to us because she thought that we would think she failed. That she failed her dad, and that was the last thing she ever wanted to do. She already lost her mother and the thought of losing her father killed her, she would sneak food into her pocket at school just so her dad had something to eat, she stole fucking milk and juice out of the fridge and went to breakfast club everyday so she could get some cereal and give it to her dad. She put her dad before herself because she always put others first. I looked out my window and saw that she was heading to my house. I opened the door just before she was about to knock and the first word she said was; help. She said fucking 'help.' For a seven year old girl to say that when you first open the door is terrifying. Do you know, for a shower they went to the swimming baths-wearing their costumes obviously, and stole shampoo and conditioner from other people. We had no idea that was happening. You made their lives hell after you left. You made a seven year old child miss out on her childhood just so she could take care of her dad, who was also failing without you. Her dad would stand against the car, his arms folded, tears streaming down his face praying, wishing, fucking begging for his daughter to come back safe, that she didn't get caught up into trouble on the way there or the way home. Niall was desperate for someone to help them, but he kept that to himself because he knew that his daughter wanted to do it on her own, that she can prove to everyone that she thought was judging her wrong. All of us are so fucking proud of that little girl. So, as for you being her 'mother' which if I'm being honest, you don't deserve to be one. These two deserve the best. Niall deserves someone who will appreciate him for what he does, he treats people like fucking royalty. He would even make friends with a fucking tree! And Y/n, my god, this girl deserves a fucking childhood. For Christmas, they went out looking for food, and the boys and I saw them walking, we thought they were just having a dad-daughter moment, oblivious to the fact what they were actually doing. We gave them a card, and we gave them it with money. The way their eyes lit up. Seeing a five pound note, a ten pound note, and Liam gave Y/n an extra fucking pound and she was nearly in fucking tears because it had been that long since they've even been close to it! She picked loose change off of the fucking street! In fact, Louis get that piggy bank! They had a little piggy bank, and do you know what piggy bank it is? It was the one that Y/n made you! She thought you loved that piggy bank and it got smashed, by you. I knew it was you because I saw you 'accidentally' drop it, so I brought it in here and fixed it. The happiness on Y/n's face when I gave it to her, she blamed herself for losing it. Look, here it is. This is the piggy bank that you're daughter gave to you when she was four years old. Four! And you smash it on your front door path like it was nothing. You've got some fucking nerve coming over here and say that you can still be her mother, when right about now, you're a fucking stranger to her, I mean, you heard her yourself...she doesn't know you." Harry explained and handed Y/n her piggy bank.

"They used a knife." Louis said. "They had an old rusted knife, taking out the change they managed to find. When we found out just how bad things got, we felt so horrible, and we told them that. But, Niall sighed and shook his head, saying that we shouldn't. But, we did. We felt bad, sick to our stomachs! Niall fucking loved you! Y/n was just a fucking child! The day she yelled at me, I knew she was in trouble! I knew she was going to struggle but what did I do? I did nothing. Because I thought she was telling the truth. I thought she was ok. She said that she could take care of her dad and trust me, she tried her best. She took it to the point to where she was exhausted and Niall took her to the hospital...she was that bad she went to the hospital and that's when we found out. They saw how skinny Niall was and they fed him, and they fed Y/n. Their first hot meal...they finished it in ten seconds. Literally. They were that hungry, the nurse was still in the room after giving them it. The look on her face. Take a good look in the mirror, love. A long hard look and realise how much damaged you caused..to the people who loved you, who called you mum, and who called you a wife. Anyone can be a mum. But, it takes a real fucking woman to be called a mother. You didn't deserve Niall, and Y/n didn't deserve you. Just go, leave. It's what you're good at." Louis spat and took Y/n's hand and put his other hand around Niall's shoulder.

"These are the strongest people I know-" "I get it! Okay! I get it! I'm-" "no! You don't get it!" Liam said, cutting Kathy off just like she did to him. "You never will get it because you don't even realise the trouble you caused! Y/n got bullied, badly. She got bullied so bad that Niall wanted to home school her, but Y/n refused. She refused because if she stayed home, she couldn't get him food, she couldn't go to breakfast club! So, take time to process what Louis says and obey. Leave." Liam explained, joining Harry and Louis, standing by Niall and Y/n's side.

"All I wanted was a family." Y/n said. "That's all I wanted, and after a very long time. I got one. These guys, the people who I've known my whole life. But, you? You left what could've been a happy family." Y/n explained.

Kathy looked at the group, seeing them all surrounding Y/n and Niall, the people she once loved, looking like a family. But, Kathy wasn't a family person, she wasn't even a people person.

"This is my family." Y/n said. "We're a family who are there for each other, who would do anything for each other, and who love each other. We are all we need."

Kathy nodded, "I can see that. Take good care of each other. Goodbye." She sobbed.

They watched her leave, Y/n holding back her tears, as she relived the moment her mother walked out. "Goodbye...Kathy."