DDM Louis

Age; 16
Apart

"Do you uh, do you want to go out for dinner? Not done that in ages." Dad suggested.

"No, thanks. I have homework." I lied. Truth is, ever since he divorced my mum, Eleanor, we've not been the same.

"Surely you can take a break?" He asked and I can tell he was desperate. "I miss spending time with you. Just tonight, please?" Dad asked.

"I can't. I'm sorry, dad." I said and continued to play the sims, but he doesn't have to know that.

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT?! FINE!" He yelled and slammed the door.

I just rolled my eyes and continued playing on the laptop.

A few hours have past, and I decided to head downstairs.

"She's not the same Eleanor." I froze at the mention of my mum's name. "She used to be my little girl and now... now I'm basically a stranger to her." Dad explained and I've got to admit I felt bad.

"Dad?" I called and walked down the last few steps.

"I've got to go. See you later, bye. Yes, love?" He asked.

"I've finished my homework early.. maybe we can go out for dinner?" I asked but he sighed.

"Uh.. you're moving into your mums house." He said scratching the back of his neck.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I was on the phone to your mum just then. She's coming over to pick you up." Dad explained and I raised an eyebrow.

"So you're just giving up on me?!" I spat.

"Woah! Who said anything about me giving up on you?!" Dad asked shocked.

"It's obvious! Sure me and you haven't been getting along lately but sending me to mums is the first thing you do?! You could've tried to work it out!" I said.

"Don't you think I tired?! You're my baby girl and your treating me like I'm a stranger! From the day you were born I promised you and your mother that I would protect you... and... and it's like I don't even know who you are anymore!" Dad said as the tears made their way down his face.

"I only treated you like that only cause you treated me like that! I didn't do it just to hurt you! You've ignored me for weeks and it hurts, dad! It hurts cause it makes me think that you don't care about me anymore! Now... now you don't want me anymore!" I sobbed and dad raised an eyebrow.

"You know fine well that I love you! I'm only sending you to your mothers cause you're closer to her!" Dad said.

"Closer to her?! Me and her never stop arguing! I was arguing wit her earlier on actually! So don't go around and think that everything is ok! I'm not going with mum and I'm not talking to you for the rest of the day!" I said.

"No difference there then!" Dad said and I rolled my eyes heading upstairs.

There will be a part two. It will be the next chapter.. any ideas on how you would like it to end??