I Sold Myself To The Devil For Vinyls... Pitiful I Know (50)

Start from the beginning

"It's in the friend's description though..." I answered him, still looking at his face.

"Trying your shrink skills on me?" he said and opened his eyes, staring back at me, a faint smile playing on his lips.

"Don't want to be a shrink... I'm too out of it..." I snorted.

God I would make such a bad shrink... so freaking unobservant...

"Then what do you want to be when you're older" Blake said, in like the little school teacher's voice, a little mockingly, the smile slowly getting into a smirk.

Blake's smirk.

And for some reason, I knew, that even though he was still sad, of course he was... he wasn't SO sad anymore...

"An astronaut!!" I exclaimed, laughing a little.

"Lame" Blake said, shaking his head in disapprobation.

"Oh ya? What about you?" I chuckled.

"Waitress taster at Hooter" he smirked, clearly now.

I closed my eyes, shaking my head a bit and laughed in silence.

Still sad, he managed to be an idiot...

"Honestly" I asked.

"Honestly? I have no freaking clue? What about you?"

I sighed "Me neither..."

We were both silent, and then Blake laughed "Don't worry, you can always try at Hooter, I'll let you pass the tasting test!"

"Yuck Blake!" I gagged, making a disgusted face.

Blake laughed a little, and then his eyes fell on our hands, my hands still holding his tightly.

"It's a good thing your nails aren't super sharp Pumpkin, otherwise I'd be pretty right hurt now" he smirked a little.

I loosen my grip, but he didn't let go, just took my hand in his, looking at it.

"You've been biting your nails again" he snorted.

I frowned "How is it, you pick up on little things like that and not me?"

"What do you want me to say, I'm observant, unlike you, plus your fingers are practically bleeding, you know that's call cannibalism right?"

"Gross!" I said, and shook my head.

"Totally"

"You're trying to change the subject aren't you?"

"Well you think it's not my fault, I think it's my fault. We're at an impasse Pumpkin..." Blake whispered, playing with my fingers.

"Your brother wouldn't want you to think that way. Your brother wouldn't want you to be sad and feeling guilty... from what I've heard about him so far, I know he wouldn't..."

Blake breathed deeply, closed his eyes and then opened them again.

"There's nothing logical about the whole death deal you know... just take Josh... when he talks about his mom, it's like it doesn't even matter to him. But then you come here. You go to his mother stone and you see flowers. The flowers he brings every week. New ones. He never misses a week. If he's out of town, he'll get someone to change them for him... He acts like he doesn't care but he does... I'd like to feel like I didn't kill my brother, but I did..."

"You didn't Blake!"

"Maybe I wasn't the drunken guy who crashed in his car! But I might as well have! You know, I got in a DUI accident too!! I'm just as bad as the guy! I'm just like him, and I made Jay get in the car. It's because of me he was in it! And it could have kill someone like the guy! So it might as well have been me! So either way it's all my fault!"