Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

"That dirty bitch!" he still added, laughing lightly.

"Just shut up Ty!!" I whined, and slapped his back.

"I'll shut up if you scratch my back" Ty mumbled.

"You tricky little prick!" I snorted but still scratched his back, just like when we were younger and he would cry because mom wasn't there, working or something, and I would come in his room and comfort him.

My sweet little brother...

"You know if we both ditch school we could cover for each other... I mean I can do a pretty decent impersonation of dad's voice... I'm sure we could come up with something... We both ate bad fish or something..." Ty mumbled, while I scratched his back.

"That sounds oddly tempting but we need to go to school Ty..." I trailed.

"Why?" he snorted beside me.

"Because you need to go to school in order to learn"

"Bullshit! School is a waste of time!" Ty groaned.

"Ty! You know some people would give everything to be able to have all the knowledge we learn at school teach to them!" I told him, and kept scratching.

"I hate it when you play the poor kid in a third world country card," he whined.

"Well I hate when you complain like a two year old in their no phase," I answered playfully.

"Whatever..." he mumbled and then I stopped scratching and turned on my side settling in the bed.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing! Keep scratching!!" Ty ordered me.

I rolled my eyes but listened to him.

And then, I think at one point I stopped again, and we both fell back asleep because dad was at the door, laughing.

"Time to weak up Sleepy Heads!! Chop chop!!" he said, and Ty and I both groaned "You got twenty five minutes!"

I cursed and ran downstairs. I cooked eggs, as usual, and poured myself coffee, before heading back to my room. I threw on myself the first clothes I found in my closet; boyfriend cut jeans and my green "Please don't make me kill you" shirt, and tied my hair into a ponytail.

"We're leaving!!" I screamed as I slipped into my boxer Reebok shoes at the door, waiting for Ty to stop listening to TV.

He towed himself, looking almost like a condemn going to the chair, to the door, scowling.

I ignored that, and walked to my car, keys in my hands.

"Care to tell me why you seem even less eager to go to school today" I asked Ty as we drove away.

"I just utterly hate school..." Ty mumbled, playing with the radio stations.

"I know that but it seems worse this morning"

"It's just... it's nothing... forget about it..." Ty answered and turned his head to the right, looking outside through the window

"Spill your beans brother!" I ordered him.

"It's just... there's this girl in English class and she just doesn't take no for an answer and she's starting to annoy the crap out of me... And the guys are all annoying me now because they want me to "score" her?" Ty said his voice harsh.

"But didn't you go out with that Evy girl Friday night? Isn't that enough"

"Ya but that's just because she's trying to get Landon jealous because she likes him..." Ty snorted, "Everyone knows that... Except Landon of course..."