Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

"That's because I am!" I answered and yawned again "Damn it, it was freaking freezing in there, and by the way, when you left you could have closed the tent properly, I mean how long did the cold had to creep in the tent?"

"About an hour and a half" Alex laughed.

"Why'd you get up so early?" I asked him frowning.

He looked quite tired himself; actually he had huge bags under his eyes.

I sat on the char beside me, lifting my legs to my chest.

"Oh you know... I woke up, couldn't sleep again, got out, the usual!" Alex said and stretched.

"God, it's freezing" I whispered and wrapped my arms around my legs.

"Stop complaining Kitty!" Alex laughed, shaking his head "We said no whiny girls"

"Ya well, I thought the rule died when Clark and Shawn brought the bimbos!" I answered with a small scowl.

And then Alex started to laughed, but like a lot.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh, just you mentioning the bimbos... and Blake's face last night... You should have seen him, one of the two dummy stole his tent and got it on in it! He was PISSED!" Alex laughed.

"What did he do? Interrupt? Joined?" I snorted.

"No actually he just scowled a lot..." Alex laughed.

"Where did he sleep then?"

"Hmm? Oh... I let him sleep in my car..." Alex trailed.

I smirked.

"I'm going to go wake him up" I said with an evil smile.

"Oh forget about it, he's already up" Alex answered

"Where is he then?" I asked, looking around for him.

"Went running, like one hour ago. Might've really been caught by a bear this time!" Alex said, snorting.

"Running?"

"Ya, I know, I made that face too" Alex laughed.

"Oh well..." I trailed, dismissing the matter "I'm hungry" I frowned.

"Want some hot dogs" Alex offered, smirking a little.

"Dear god, no!! I'm still burping those from yesterday" I whined, making Alex laugh more.

"How about some toast?" Alex offered "Grilled on the barbecue, and then we could melt some of those chocolate chips of yours and you could put it on them!"

"I don't think I tell you this often enough but I love you" I smiled at Alex.

That sounded GOOD!!

"That's true, I feel neglected!" Alex said dramatically.

"Alright, stop being an ass and start making me some food!" I ordered him.

Still laughing, Alex got to work while I tried to warm up already!

And then, I saw someone coming up from the trail, running.

Blake.

Who in his sane mind would be running right now? And for an HOUR!!

I don't think I could ever really understand that boy...

"See! I didn't die of hypothermia!" I yelled when he was close enough to hear me.

The smirk was instantaneous.

"Ya and that really is a miracle since you were like a freaking Popsicle when you went to sleep" Blake answered, rolling his earphones around his iPhone and putting it all on the picnic table.