Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"I swear Dwayne, if you drop me in the water I'm going to strangle you!! I don't want my hair to get all wet!!! Put me down!!!" she was yelling.

Dwayne made puppy eyes, but listened to her and set her on her feet on the deck.

"There's a thin line between being compassionate and being whipped Dwayne!" Blake yelled to him in the water.

"I'M COMING FOR YOU EATON!" Dwayne screamed back and then jumped, but of course he was a bad swimmer and Blake was already racing away from him.

"Someone get the middle line backer out of the water before we have to replace him!" Connor yelled.

"I'M FINE!" Dwayne screamed back, slowly swimming like a dog, his head sinking now and then.

I started to laugh at the scene but then something caught my ankle and sank me deep into the water, so fast, I barely had the time to take a good breathe.

My arms were struggling to get back to the surface, but whatever or more precisely whoever was pulling my ankle, wasn't letting go. I opened my eyes, and when the bubbles cleared out a bit I could see Blake swimming deeper, and really clearly smirking, which was kind of odd considering we were underwater...

Nevertheless I was pretty pissed... like what is he thinking trying to kill me or something?

I kept giving kicks, trying to release my leg, but Blake's hold just got stronger, and now, he was grabbing my hand too and pushing me deeper.

That's when I thought of a way to wipe that smug look off his face.

I knew I still had a good minute of air supply -I can hold my breath for ever- so then I stopped struggling completely, let out a few bubbles and stopped moving.

It took Blake about five seconds to realize what was happening, start to kind of freak out and then swim back up faster than I could have thought possible, towing me in the process.

Ha ha ha!

Take that, you bastard!

"LEXI!" was the first thing I heard when my head was out of the water.

Blake was holding my head out, holding my body like it was going to sink and when I opened my eyes he honestly looked frightened.

And I simply couldn't resist, so I started to laugh. That seemed to surprise him cause he kinda lost his grip on me and I sank a little, swallowing water in the process.

Everyone had swum towards us at this point, alarmed by Blake scream and my coughing water seemed to alert them even more but I ignore everyone screams.

"Oh my god! You should see your face!" I cough, still laughing.

"OH MY GOD LEXI! Are you alright?" Alex yelled swimming towards me "What the hell did you do?" he added, to Blake.

"I was just joking! How was I supposed to know she'd drown!" Blake yelled, still holding me in his arms, keeping my head out of the water.

"What's wrong with you?" Alex yelled back.

"God, you morons! I was just joking! I'm FINE, thank you!" I said and pushed Blake away and then swam towards the deck.

I hate it when people have a conversation about you but just freaking ignore you even though you're right there!!

Bunch of idiots!

I wanted to get out of the water but then I heard two high pitch voices coming from the trail.

"Oh my gawd! Is this some kind of swamp or something?" Stacey was saying.

"And what kind of deck is that? No sun chairs? This is ridiculous..." Miriam added.