I Sold Myself to the Devil for Vinyls... Pitiful I Know (86)

Start from the beginning

I resisted the urge to groan or sigh dramatically. I ran my hand through my hair. “I’ve never done anything like this before, I don’t know what to say, how to act…”

“Just be yourself, Pumpkin.” Blake wrapped his arm around my waist as we kept walking in the parking “At the risk of repeating myself; stop worrying, everything’s going to go well and they’ll love you, they would be fool if they didn’t.”

I poked him on the side. “Your confidence in me might be misplaced. You’re biased you know.”

Blake smirked a little. “Please, I’m not biased at all.”

“Of course you are,” I laughed.

Blake just shook his head, smiling broadly and press the unlock bottom on the set of keys he held, making the car’s light, just a few feet from us, flash.

As we drove to Blake’s grandparent’s house, it was obvious that these roads were familiar to my boyfriend. He had the same ease as when we drove to school together.

I was freaking out a bit less… I mean Blake kept repeating that I had to stop freaking out, so the least I could do was… well freak out less.

We drove in silence, the kind of comfortable ones we had when we read together. It was weird to think we had only been dating for a couple of months and that we had been really speaking for way less than six months. It felt like we had been close for years.

At this point, my life was pretty much close to perfect. Tyler was happier; the fact that Vanessa was back in town while I was away was a factor. And dad seemed happier since his kids were happy.

At school, everything was going smoothly. The boys had pretty much all taken the news of Alex’s sexual orientation well and things had pretty much stayed the way they had always been… well except for Trevor… Trevor kept pushing Alex to tell him which one between him and his brother was the hottest. And well Clark being the asshole he was, was regularly making rude comments, Shawn sometimes joining him. But it cooled down after one time during lunch. They had been making comments a lot and everyone had just decided to ignore them but then Fred, vegetable Fred, had raised his head, looked at Clark straight in the face and said, “Will you shut up already, everyone knows you two experimented together and I don’t see anyone making comments about it.” And just like that he had rested his head back on his arms and everyone had burst laughing, consequently making Clark and Shawn change table.

As for Josh and Daphnee… well those two were still a mystery to me. Honestly, I think there was something going on there but I wasn’t sure. Some days something Daph or Josh would say made me think that maybe they were seeing each other, without us knowing it, and others I was sure one of the two were actually seeing other people…

Confusing really.

“Deep in thoughts Pumpkin,” Blake teased, bringing me back to reality.

I smiled at him. “Just thoroughly happy actually.”