Chapter 155: Here We Go

AMELIA

"Okay, I'm going to start off with a base and then depending on the dress you pick, I will do your eyes. Sound good?"

I look up at the make-up artist with wide eyes, confusion clearly evident on my face. The hotel room is buzzing with people, and the entire thing is overwhelming beyond belief. Chris was whisked off as soon as we got to the hotel, and I haven't seen him since, which only adds more anxiety to my already nervous form. 

She blinks at my hesitation, cocking her head, "You doing okay, honey? Need some water?"

I take a breath as I hold eye contact with the red-haired woman in front of me, stunning in her own way, her make-up and hair perfectly done up as she waits for my instruction. 

She should be the one going on a red carpet, not me. 

When I hesitate again, she puts a hand on my arm and strokes it soothingly, her voice lowering to a murmur, "Do you need a moment? I can send my people out if you do." 

That makes me snap out of it. I shake my head, I certainly don't need to waste any more of these peoples time than strictly necessary, and the action makes her smile, patiently waiting for me to speak. 

When I finally do, my voice comes out hushed and nervous, "I'm sorry, I'm just, uhm.. This is new for me. I don't really know how it works. Can you just do the stuff you usually do? I'm sure it'll look great, and that way I won't have to think as much." 

She nods immediately, her smile widening, "Absolutely, hon. Don't worry. I'll do your base and give you a smokey look that'll work with anything. Sounds good?"

I nod, releasing a shaky breath, and then I smile gratefully when she turns to one of the assistants and says, "Can we get her a water, please? And maybe some food. Thank you." 

✦✧✦✧

I try to relax as much as I can, the make-up artist helping to keep me calm. When they bring in a few different dresses, I only need a second to look them over to pick the one I prefer. 

"That one," I say, pointing at the emerald green dress in the stylists hand, "I love that one, thank you." 

She nods and smiles, hanging it up to steam it while I have finishing touches done on my hair and make-up. The artist leans down as she turns me towards the mirror, a smile on her face as she looks at me and whispers, "You'll do great. Just keep breathing." 

✦✧✦✧

Just keep breathing. Just keep breathing. Just keep breathing. 

Her words ring in my ears as I put on my shoes, the green dress on and everything else done. I barely manage to finish putting on my stiletto heel before the door is pushed open and Chris walks in, looking absolutely stunning as usual, in a black suit with a white tank underneath that makes him look delectable. 

"Hey, is my girl ready? We gotta get-"

He stops in his tracks once his eyes land on me, a big, beaming smile stretching his lips as he looks me over. He steps closer with two long strides, his hand taking mine to pull me closer and spin me around with a chuckle. 

"Well, damn. Look at you. You look absolutely magnificent, baby. Fucking gorgeous." 

I giggle shyly at the compliment, stumbling into his chest slightly as he spins me back to face him. His head tilts down, his cerulean blues meeting mine as he reaches up to cup my cheek. 

"There's my girl," he whispers, "You look a lot more relaxed than this morning. How are you feeling?"

"Nervous," I whisper in reply, "But I feel less nervous than earlier. Might be the dress giving me confidence." 

Chris laughs, his thumb stroking my cheek as he nods, "Yeah, I bet. Fucking hell, can't believe I have to watch you in that all night and act like it doesn't make me want to-"

"Chris!" I scold with a whisper, glancing around the room that's still buzzing with people as they hurry to pack up their things, "Behave, please." 

He hums, his smile turning softer as he leans down to kiss me. His soft lips brush over mine, the kiss languid until he pulls back just enough to whisper against them, "Sorry baby. I promise to behave. Ready to go?"

✦✧✦✧

Just keep breathing. Just keep breathing. Just keep breathing. 

I try to remind myself of those words from earlier on the car ride in direction of Times Square, my heart thumping violently in my chest. We picked up Taylor and Pierre on the way, the latter giggling in excitement as the former chuckles along. 

My hand is clutching Chris' as the nerves swirl through me, every passing second feels like dread, and I worry about visible sweat stains forming because of how hot and uncomfortable I feel. 

The car comes to a stop and my heart reaches my throat, my eyes going wide when the body guards clamber out of the Escalade to open the doors. 

I can feel my breath hitching, a panic attack forming, but then it all washes away when Chris turns to me with a smile and says, "I can't wait to show you off to the world. You look so beautiful, bug. Thank you for being here for me today." 

His words make my nerves dissipate instantly, my stomach fluttering in excitement instead of dread. I release a deep breath, nodding at him as my fingers squeeze his, "Anytime, baby. I'm just happy to be able to support in any way I can." 

Chris grins, leaning in to press a kiss on my forehead, and then the door next to him is pulled open. 

The sound hits me first, screaming and yelling, most of it a variation of his name. I feel his hand leave mine as he slides out of his seat, the screaming intensifying once he's out of the car and within sight of the large crowd, but then it's like the world stops when he, instead of going in the direction of all the buzzing going on, turns back to look at me. 

Chris extends his hand, smiling reassuringly, and I take it with stuttering breaths, allowing him to guide me out of the car. 

Here we go. 

✦✧✦✧

(NOT a representation of what Amelia looks like, just a moodboard I used for inspiration for her premiere look as I imagined it

(NOT a representation of what Amelia looks like, just a moodboard I used for inspiration for her premiere look as I imagined it. Feel free to imagine your own different look!)

✦✧✦✧

Liked this chapter? Please remember to vote and comment! ♡