Chapter 57: Planning

AMELIA

"What time do you have to work today?" I ask Chris, placing another kiss on his his chest. I'm still lying on top of him, my head turned to the side so I can look out the window in the bedroom. 

"I don't have work today," he mumbles, his hand trailing under my shirt and onto my back, his fingertips touching my skin lazily. 

"You don't?" I ask, surprised. I turn my head to look at him with raised brows, but the only thing I get in return is a wide smirk. 

He hums, one hand staying on my back while the other moves up to tug a strand of hair behind my ear, "Yeah, I made a deal with Joe and Anthony." 

"Since when?" I ask with furrowed brows. 

He chuckles, "Since the day you got here and Taylor told me what date you were planning to go back home. It was always my plan that we would spend your last day together." 

My stomach flutters at his words and I can tell my cheeks are heating up slightly. I plop my head back on his chest, looking out the window as I mumble, "Thats presumptuous of you. How'd you even know I'd be into old men?" 

He barks out a laugh and his entire body shakes briefly, making me shake with him in the process. It makes me laugh, too, and I place another chaste kiss on his chest. 

His warm palm slides up my back, leaving a trail of goosebumps in their wake, and when it reaches the back of my neck he gives it a slight squeeze, "Now, now. Be nice to your boyfriend." 

I giggle at his words, glancing up at him with a teasing smile, "Aren't you too old to be someones boyfriend?"

Chris smirks back at me, raising a challenging brow, his hand squeezing the back of my neck again when he asks, "You wanna try that again?" 

I bat my eyelashes and smile sweetly as I sing-song, "You're the best boyfriend eveeer." 

"That's better," he approves with a chuckle, releasing the hold on my neck, his palm now just resting there while his thumb caresses the curve of it. 

"So.. What are we doing?" I ask, trailing his skin with my fingertips, moving from his chest over his shoulder and arm. 

"I was thinking we could go out and do something. I, uhm.. I actually already, kinda, made some plans for us." 

I stiffen slightly in his hold, glancing up at him with wide eyes, "Go.. out?" 

He nods, running his hand through my hair as he smiles, speaking softly, "Yes baby. Go out. Among other people. I knew when I made the plans that there might be a risk you wouldn't want to do it, but I wanted to plan it anyway, in case you did. We don't have to go, it's up to you. But everything is arranged, we'll have a private guided tour for the first place and we'll have dinner in a restaurant where we can have privacy. Megan arranged everything, we should be fine. I just didn't want you to be holed up in this hotel room for your last day." 

I pull my bottom lip between my teeth, chewing on it nervously while I process his words. 

Go out? Among strangers? Among people who might recognize him, who might take pictures, who might say mean things?

No.. Go out. With your boyfriend. Hold his hand as you walk in the sun. Laugh when he says something funny, being able to give him a kiss on the cheek in front of people. Someone, anyone, other than the three people who currently knows. You'll be able to pretend you're a normal couple, even if it's just for the day.  

"Uhm, so.. Where are we going?" I quietly ask, looking up at him. 

His face splits into a grin, and he quickly leans down, placing a kiss on top of my head, "That's a surprise. But we should get ready soon." 

I furrow my brows, "How long do we have?"

Chris shrugs, "We have to leave around 11 am." 

I glance towards the watch on the nightstand and my eyes widen when I realize that 11 am is in about an hour. 

"Christopher! That's in an hour!" I shriek when I see it. I start scrambling to get off him, making him laugh but also making him tighten his hold around me, "Chris, let me go, I have to get ready!" 

"Calm down," he laughs, "What's the rush?"

"I need to shower," I respond as I look at him, pouting, "I feel gross." 

"Aww," he coos, cupping my cheek. I lean into his touch immediately, his thumb caressing my skin gently, "You feel dirty, baby? Need to get clean?"

"Mhmm," I mumble, sitting upright to look down at him, my legs still on either side of his waist, "If we're going out in public I will need to look somewhat presentable." 

"I think you look beautiful," he quickly interjects with a warm smile. 

I blush slightly, my fingertips running over the hair on his chest, "Thank you. But I also need to shower. I went hiking and drinking yesterday, I feel gross now. I don't like to go out when I feel gross.." 

Chris hums, his hand slowly sliding down from my cheek to my neck, then over my shoulder and arm, "Hmm, I see, you have a point baby. We should go take a shower, get you cleaned up." 

"We?" I ask as watch him, his eyes following the movement of his hand as it trails to my hip, his fingers finding the hem of my shirt. 

"Mhmm," Chris hums again, "I need to get clean too, honey. Or do you not like to share?"

"I'll share anything with you," I breathe out, my response immediate and true. 

"Good girl," Chris whispers, his eyes flicking up to meet mine. His fingers start pulling at the shirt until he can get it over my head and once he does, he tosses it onto the floor. 

His hands find my hips when he starts to sit up on the bed, making me slide down until I'm in his lap. He brushes his nose against mine, then gives me a chaste kiss before he smirks and whispers lowly, "Lets get you in the shower, get you nice and clean." 

✦✧✦✧

Liked this chapter? Please remember to vote and comment! ♡