Chapter 4: New Friends

TAYLOR

After my phone call with Ames I practiced lines for my scenes tomorrow, and then later I had dinner with the other cast members.

Their dynamic is amazing - most of them have known each other for several years and they all act as one big family which is wonderful. They're all super welcoming, which means that the evening quickly turns into a lot of questions and answers about the odd man out; me. They ask me a bunch of questions about my life and I eventually tell them about Pierre. 

Lizzie especially seems thrilled at my boyfriend status, eagerly mentioning that she would love for him to come visit so they can meet him.

"Oh I would love that but it's a long way from home and he's finishing up his masters degree so it's not always easy to get the time off. But Kristin told me it's quite normal to get visitors so I might try to get him and Ames out here at some point," I reply with a smile.

"Who's Ames?" Robert asks curiously, taking a sip of his water.

"Amelia. That's Taylor's best friend," Chris interjects before I can reply, "I listened in on their facetime today."

I grin at Chris before joking to the table, "Yeah, Chris totally invaded my privacy today."

The others laugh, and Chris chuckles a bit before he adds, "Yeah, apparently she's a big Marvel fan but from what I could hear, she's a very supportive friend, too. Friends like that are good to have in this job - hold on to her." He smiles genuinely at me, and the others around the table nod in agreement. 

"I will," I reply as I reciprocate his smile.

"Also," he continues, "She's Team Cap so she's definitely a great person." 

Everyone laughs at that except Robert, who sends Chris a look that can only be described as really, dude?  before chuckling along with the rest of them.

✦✧✦✧

Once we finish dinner I head back to my hotel room to settle in. About an hour later, I hear a knock on the door.

As I open it I see Chris Evans standing in front of me, a six-pack in hand.

"So, since we're meant to be best friends in this movie," he says, "I thought it might be fun to spend some time together."

"Yeah, I'd love that" I reply as I gesture for him to come inside.

He takes a seat on the couch and puts the beers on the table before grabbing two and opening them. I take a seat at the end of it, my back against the arm rest to face him better. 

"So.." He says as he hands me one of the beers, "How are you feeling after today?"

"I'm feeling good. Very excited. Everyone is so welcoming, I honestly didn't expect to feel this at home already, but I do."

"That's good," he replies, smiling at me, "That's important. I've been on many different movie sets but the Marvel ones have definitely been my favorite. These people are like family now."

"I can understand that," I say before taking a sip of my beer, "You guys have been doing this for so long, it's understandable you would feel that way about each other."

"Yeah," he smiles, taking a sip of his beer.

"So, Chris," I say as I look at him, "Let me know if this is too forward but can I ask you some questions?"

He chuckles at me, "Yeah sure.. Is this like an interview thing?"

I laugh, "No not at all. I just want to know what I'm getting into with these movies. You seem very private and I would just.. I don't know.. Like to know how I could have that same level of privacy in my life once this movie comes out."