Chapter 89: Star-Struck

AMELIA

Once we're no longer dressed up as princesses, Olivia puts everything back in the costume chest before she happily skips out of the room, towards the terrace. 

Just as I'm about to follow her, Chris grabs my hand, effectively pulling me into his chest. 

His fingers lace with mine as his other hand cups my cheek, looking down at me softly. 

"Hi," I whisper, looking up at him and leaning into his chest. 

"Hey," he replies quietly, his thumb stroking my cheekbone as his eyes search my face, "Just wanted to steal a moment alone. That okay?" 

"Mmhmm, more than okay," I whisper and nod, leaning up on my tiptoes to plant a chaste kiss on his lips. 

But then, just as he leans in to deepen it, I promptly pull away, smirking, "But if you think you're getting more than a peck on the lips, you're wrong, mister." 

He chuckles, pulling at my hand to bring me closer as he says, "Oh come on, just a little more." 

His lips reach for mine, but I quickly turn my head, taking a step back again, "Nuhuh, you're not getting any." 

"Why not?" He practically whines before it turns into a chuckle. 

I narrow my eyes teasingly, squaring my jaw, "You're not getting anything until you tell me what you said to her." 

He barks out a laugh, his arms swooping around me in one quick motion, trapping me against his chest again. 

"But I pinky-promised not to tell."

"No you didn't!" I exclaim, trying to push him away jokingly, "She pinky-promised. You made her!" 

He laughs again, trying to grab me when I wiggle my way out of his arms, and when I turn around to run out of the room, he chases me. 

"Hey!" He yells, running after me and grabbing at my arm, "Come back here!" 

"No way!" I yell between laughs, trying to dodge him, "If you won't tell me then you're not getting any love from me!" 

"Not fair!" He laughs, his hand finally reaching me, and he quickly tugs me back to him, "Just a little one." 

"Nope," I say with a shake of my head, "Nothing." 

"Please?" He pouts, his hands moving up to cup my face, "Just a teeny-tiny one?" 

I purse my lips, doing my best to resist, but when he looks at me with puppy-dog eyes, his bottom lip protruding into an even bigger pout, I relent. 

I groan, an annoyed noise from the back of my throat, before I quickly lean up to place a kiss on his pouty lips. 

He hums, his hands moving down to my neck to hold me closer, and he makes a satisfied noise when I bite into his bottom lip. I tug at it for a moment before releasing it, taking a step back again. 

"There. You got one. And now you'll never get any again!" 

I dart away from him, laughing as I hear him yell out, "No, wait, just one more!" 

I keep running and laughing until I reach the terrace, quickly stopping in my tracks when I see my entire family sitting around the long table, waiting for us. 

I clear my throat to quiet down my laughs, brushing my hair behind my ear as I walk over to the two unoccupied chairs, clearly meant for Chris and I. 

He comes running out the door with a huge grin on his face, only to realize the same thing that I did - that we kept everyone waiting because we were goofing off. 

He hurries over to take a seat next to me, immediately taking my hand as soon as he's sitting down, and I mumble out a quiet apology as everyone watches us. 

"Uhm, sorry, we got distracted," I say, trying to calm my smile, "What'd we miss?" 

I look over at my parents, sitting across from Chris and I, and I notice my mom just staring at him, wide eyed. 

"Oh, don't worry," Laura says as she starts passing around the different dishes, "We didn't wait long. Everyone, dig in." 

We sit and wait for the food to be passed around as the others start chatting casually, but my mom doesn't look away from Chris, she just keeps the same shocked expression on her face as she stares at him. I glance over at him, and he furrows his brows in confusion as he looks at me before glancing back at my mother who's still staring at him, wide-eyed. 

I rest my elbow on the table to lean closer to her, whispering, "Mom, what's wrong?" 

Her eyes move between Chris and I, not saying a word, and then my father clears his throat as he takes some salad out of the large bowl, placing it on his plate, "Your mother did some, uh.. googling." 

"Googling?" I ask with furrowed brows, "What do you mean?" 

I glance back at my mother, and finally she reacts, immediately darting her eyes down to stare at her plate instead of Chris, and it makes me look back at my dad. 

He clears his throat again, smiling apologetically at Chris as he says, "She googled you and now she's a little bit freaked out, son." 

I look over at Chris, keeping the same confused expression on my face because I don't entirely understand what this means, but when Chris just sighs and smiles, my brows pull into a frown. 

"Okay, I see," he says, directing a soft smile towards my father, "That's happened before." 

"What has?" I ask, looking between him and my father, and then finally towards my mother who glances up at me shortly before her eyes dart back down. 

Chris leans closer to me, quietly whispering, "I think she may have just realized who I am and now she's freaking out. It happens a lot." 

"But we already told her who you were?" 

"Yeah, but now she's seen articles, too," Chris replies calmly, smiling apologetically, "Probably also some stuff about other movies, my past, things like that." 

I glance back at my mother, and then at my father, as I ask, "What freaked her out? He's never done anything bad." 

"Your mother is just star-struck," my dad replies casually as he takes a bite of his food, "It'll pass." 

My mom quickly looks up at him with furrowed brows, and then over at Chris and I, before she looks back down. 

"Mom," I say as I look at her, "Are you serious? He's right here, I told you, he's a normal person. Just relax." 

I can see her eyes widening again as she looks up at me, and she opens her mouth as if she's about to say something, but then she swiftly closes it again before getting up from her chair and leaving the table, walking into the house.

What the hell?

✦✧✦✧

Liked this chapter? Please remember to vote and comment! ♡