Chapter 145: Caring

AMELIA

Once we arrive back at the hotel, Chris opens the door with a tired sigh.

"I'm fucking exhausted," he mumbles, letting Dodger off his leash. The pup runs straight to the couch, planting himself on it like it's the most natural thing in the world, which I suppose it is for him.

He's so spoiled. And fucking adorable.

Chris' shoulders slump when he stands back up and looks at me, making me smile softly, "Aw, my poor baby. You need a nap?"

He hums and smiles tiredly, leaning into my touch when I cup his face with my hands and caress his cheeks.

"Yeah," he murmurs, eyes closing as I stroke his beard, "Need a shower first, though. I feel so gross after filming."

My smile widens a little, watching the sleepy smile on his lips, how his lids flutter a little as he keeps them closed, and how his head leans into my touch almost needily.

"Want a bath?"

His eyes open at my question, cerulean blues meeting mine, "Yeah, that sounds nice. Will you come with me?"

I chuckle and nod, my fingers brushing over his beard, "Sure, I'd love to, baby. Will you let me take care of you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like you always do for me," I smile warmly, stepping closer to look up at him, "Let me return the favor."

✦✧✦✧

My fingers gently massage Chris' scalp, working the shampoo in properly as I do. Chris is sitting between my spread thighs, his back leaning on my chest, his entire body completely melting into mine as we're sitting in the tub.

The bubbles are floating around the surface lazily, the relaxing smell of lavender filling the bathroom. His large hands are on my knees, fingers gently stroking my skin, his eyes closed as I wash his hair.

"Mmh, that feels so good, bug," he hums, his voice deep and tired.

I smile, fingertips putting a bit more pressure on his scalp to make him let out a content sigh, "Let me know if you want more or less pressure, or if it hurts, okay?"

"No, it's so good," he murmurs, leaning his head on my chest, "I could fall asleep right here."

I giggle quietly, lathering up the shampoo, "I'd love to say you can if you want, but I feel like I'd have a harder time carrying you than you do me."

Chris lets out a tired chuckle, humming in agreement, "Yeah, you might have a point. Can we take a nap and cuddle after this?"

"Absolutely," I whisper with a smile, "Anything you want." 

✦✧✦✧

Once Chris and I finish in the bath, he trudges tiredly towards the bed, and I walk over to the closet to find something to put on. 

He plops down on the bed with a tired sigh, but then he speaks once he notices what I'm doing, "Please don't. Just get in here with me." 

I look over my shoulder, chuckling, "What?"

"Come on," he says with a soft smile, unwrapping the towel from his hips and tossing it on the floor, "Get in here." 

I quirk a brow, pursing my lips for a moment before I let the towel drop from my body. I walk over to the other side of the bed, sliding under the covers, chuckling at the happy groan he lets out.