Chapter 3: Who Is She?

TAYLOR

After a couple of hours of getting to know the others, and once I feel comfortable around the set enough, I'm sitting on a couch in the lounge area about to FaceTime Amelia when Chris takes a seat next to me.

"Hey, just finished filming so I have a few hours before I need to do anything else. Is it okay if I sit here and read for a bit?"

I look from him to my phone hesitantly.

"Yeah, sure," I reply, preparing myself to get up and leave the area, "I'll just go somewhere else so I don't disturb you. I was about to FaceTime my friend, Amelia."

"Oh don't worry about it! You can stay here, I won't mind. I promise to be quiet," he interjects with a chuckle, "And if you want, I could even say hi? I remember you telling me she was a fan."

I think about it for a split second before Amelias Oh god no, please don't! pops up in my mind.

"Uhm, I don't think that would be a good idea. She might have a panic attack.. I should probably give her a warning before she meets any of you or she might drop me as BFF."

Chris laughs at my joke, "Alright, I'll just sit here in silence, then."

I chuckle and thank him as I start dialing the number.

After 2 rings Amelia's smiling face pops up on my screen, "Hey kid! What's up?"

She's in sweatpants and a hoodie, sitting at her dining table, her hair in a messy bun while wearing minimal makeup. 

Good thing Chris wasn't on the call, she would have fucking killed me.

"Oh nothing much, you know, same old same old..." I reply and it makes Ames burst out laughing.

"Yeah," she giggles, "Just your average day on a Marvel movie set."

"How's it been?" She asks me as she places her phone next to her laptop, letting me still see her while she types something on her computer.

"It's good.. Am I disturbing you? Should I call at another time?" I ask her as she keeps typing, clearly preoccupied.

"No, don't worry T. Just give me one sec." She continues typing, her fingers moving quickly over the keyboard on her laptop, her face completely focused on the screen.

Chris lifts an eyebrow next to me and leans in slightly, being able to see my phone screen but without Ames being able to see him. He looks at the screen for a moment, his head tilting a little when he sees her. Then he looks back up at me before leaning back to his former spot on the couch, going back to reading.

"Alright, I'm here now," Amelia finally says, shutting her laptop, "I'm sorry, I just have that major case that I'm working on AND I have finals coming up so it's all a bit hectic."

"Don't worry about it sweetie, all good. So, wanna see the place I'm in?"

"YEAH!" She replies loudly, clearly excited, "Show me!"

I flip the camera around upon her insistence, filming the lounge area while being careful not to show Chris sitting next to me.

When he hears our exchange, Chris moves closer to me and watches the screen from next to me, his brows a little furrowed as he watches her closely.

Ames' camera is still on her, showing her reaction to the space as she rambles on about how proud she is of me and how exciting it all is. I'm replying to her questions as normally as I can, because I don't want her to realize that Chris Evans is watching her right now.

Chris doesn't move away from me as quickly as last time, but is instead studying the screen carefully. I give him a side glance, furrowing my brows, which makes him look back up at me before he smiles shortly. Then he leans back to his spot on the couch again.