Chapter 93: Messing Around

AMELIA

We get back into the car and I put on my seatbelt as Chris gets into the driver's seat. 

"So," I say with a smile, "That went pretty well, all things considered." 

Chris nods as he starts the car, "Yeah, I think so too." 

"But don't think I'm ever bringing you back there if you're going to be keeping secrets with my niece." 

I look at him with a raised brow, a small smirk on my lips, and he chuckles as he pulls out of the driveway. 

"You're still on that, huh?" 

"Yep!" I say as I place both of my feet on the dash, "Not letting it go anytime soon." 

"Why do you want to know so bad?" Chris smirks, glancing over at me before he says, "Feet off the dash, bug. Or at least take your shoes off, this is a rental." 

I roll my eyes and chuckle, quickly putting my feet down as I say, "Okay dad." 

Chris scoffs, "That's daddy to you, sweetheart." 

"Still old," I mumble absentmindedly as I reach over to turn on the radio. 

"Oh, see, now I'll never tell you. I told you the conditions earlier." 

My eyes immediately widen as I turn to look at him, "Shit! No, that's not fair!" 

Chris laughs, shaking his head with a shrug, "Don't know what to tell ya, bug. I already told you, if you called me old again, I wouldn't tell you my secret. That technically counts as a promise, and I can't go around breaking my promises, can I?"

He quirks a brow as he looks at me and I immediately huff, "Come on! I take it back, I'm sorry. Please?" 

"Nope," he shakes his head, his eyes focusing on the road in front of us, "Not happening." 

"Christopher," I whine, "Please, I really want to know.." 

"Why?" He asks with a chuckle. 

I dart my eyes down to my hands, fiddling with my thumbs as I mumble, "I just want to know.." 

He glances at me, quickly reaching a hand over to take mine, the other staying on the steering wheel, "I'm just teasing you, bug. Are you upset?" 

"No," I whisper, watching as my fingers lace with his, "I just-I don't know. I'm overthinking it.." 

I glance up at him, watching his brows furrow at my words, and then I can feel the car swerving to the side when he pulls into a rest stop.

The area is small and deserted, a few parking spots that are currently all empty, and he quickly parks the car before he turns to look at me, "Baby, I didn't think you were really bothered, I just thought we were messing around." 

I look up at him, my heart swelling at the worried expression on his face as I nod, "Yeah, of course, we are.. It just freaked me out a little, I think. The question, I wasn't expecting it, and then I didn't know what to expect from you, but then you didn't want to tell me, and I didn't know what that meant because I didn't know if it was because the answer was bad, so-"

"Amelia, breathe," he says calmly, interrupting my rambling, "Just take a second, okay?" 

I take a deep breath, my thoughts calming down as I look up at him. 

"That's good, bug. Take a few more steady breaths." 

I do as instructed, my eyes staying locked on his as I breathe in deeply.

He smiles, "That's better. Now, don't worry, okay baby? I promise what I said was a good thing, it was nothing bad. Nothing to worry about." 

"But what did you say?" I whisper, hesitantly searching his face. 

He sighs, his head dropping a little as he looks at our joined hands, "Bug, I don't think I should tell you. I don't want to freak you out. Just know that it wasn't bad, okay?" He looks back up at me, "Whatever you're thinking, or worrying about, it wasn't that. I swear." 

I watch his face, seeing the genuine look on it as he speaks, and then my eyes lift to meet his. 

"Promise?" I whisper. 

He holds eye contact as he nods slowly, whispering, "Promise. I love you." 

I smile softly, all of my emotions feeling jumbled together when I look up at him, and suddenly everything crashes into me. 

I quickly unbuckle my seatbelt, and before I can even think about it, I climb over the center console. 

I unbuckle his seatbelt as well before crawling into his lap, my legs on either side of him as I cup his face in my hands. 

He smiles, his hands landing on my hips as I straddle his lap, "Hey you." 

"Hi," I whisper, leaning closer as my eyes run over his face, taking in his features. My lips move up to his forehead, pressing a soft kiss to it, before I start peppering kisses down over his nose to his cheek. 

I kiss my way across to his other cheek, down to his lips, and then I whisper against them, "Love you so much." 

My hands move down to wrap behind his neck, pulling him closer so I can mold my lips against his. 

He hums into the kiss, his lips slotting over mine patiently, his tongue swiping across my bottom lip. 

I part my lips for him, allowing him access, and I moan softly when his tongue meets mine, tangling with it. 

I press my chest to his as I deepen the kiss, feeling the hardness growing as I straddle his lap, and it's immediately bringing a familiar need to the surface, making me desperate for him. 

I kiss him more urgently, his hands trailing up my back to hold me close against him, one of them pressing on my shoulder blades as the other travels upwards to wrap in my hair. 

I moan when I grind down on his lap, earning a groan out of him, and then I whimper against his lips, "Need you, please. Need to feel you." 

Chris groans again, his hand sliding down to grip my hip firmly as he husks out, "Whatever you need, baby. I'll give you anything you want." 

✦✧✦✧

Liked this chapter? Please remember to vote and comment! ♡