Chapter 10: Atlanta

2 WEEKS LATER

AMELIA

After I had that conversation with Taylor about coming to visit, things moved fast. I finished law school and graduated with a great average. I also passed the bar exam. This makes me officially a lawyer. It was surreal.

Taylor couldn't be there, obviously, but he sent me beautiful flowers. I got flowers from a lot of people including a giant bouquet of red roses with no name attached. I figured the card must have just fallen off during delivery. 

I got a month off from work which had been planned in advance. I had told them that once I graduate I would like some time off to travel a bit before starting work which they were more than happy to do for me.

Taylor booked me a plane ticket the day after we had our conversation where I had considered visiting. It was very sudden - he called me up in the middle of the day and was like "I got you a plane ticket, now you can't change your mind."

And MysteryMan.. things have been progressing. I'm even more attached to him now, to the point where I actually miss him if I don't hear from him during the day. He calls me every day, sometimes twice, often in the evening but sometimes he calls me in the morning because he 'just wanted to hear my voice'.

The entire thing is getting more and more complicated the longer we know each other. He doesn't feel like a stranger anymore but I still don't know what he looks like or who he is. I do know about his friends, family, hobbies, favorite movies and books. I know about his political beliefs which, to my surprise, are pretty much dead on the same as mine. That part was a relief as well. I know he has a dog and that he prefers colder weather as opposed to warm. 

And I know that I am falling for him. 

Even though it's completely irrational and I know I'll probably get my heart broken.

The night before leaving for Atlanta, I tell him about visiting Taylor.

I've told him about Taylor and Pierre although I haven't told him what exactly Taylor does, or is currently doing, because I didn't think it was important but also because I thought it would be weird to talk about.

"I'm going to Atlanta tomorrow," I tell him as I walk with the call in my headphones, packing.

"Oh yeah? Why?" He asks me curiously. 

"My best friend is there for work. Going to visit." I say with a smile as I get clothes from my closet and pack them in my suitcase.

"That's nice. It's been a while since you've seen him. What will you be doing there?" He asks me and his tone sounds amused but then again, it usually always is when we talk.

"Just.. seeing the city I guess. I've never been. I'll see Taylor, hang out. The usual." I say it with a smile and try not to make it seem obvious that I am withholding information.

"Alright, sounds fun." He says with a chuckle. 

"I'll miss you though." He then says quietly.

"I'm not going anywhere when it comes to... this. Whatever this is." I giggle a bit because defining what is going on between us right now is an impossible task.

"I know, but still. Maybe you'll be too busy to have time for me." He fakes a hurt tone of voice.

"Aww, poor baby. You need more attention?" I tease.

"Always," he says with a laugh.

✦✧✦✧

I land with Pierre in Atlanta airport at 10am Friday morning. It was nice that Pierre was able to come, traveling with him feels more safe. And knowing that I will be meeting movie stars is intimidating so I'm happy I won't be the only flustered one.