Chapter 11: Speechless

AMELIA

Once I let go of Taylor, he walks Pierre and I to the car, taking us to the lot. 

My heart is pounding in my chest and it only gets more rapid the closer we get. 

I feel incredibly nervous, flustered and excited at once. 

My teenage self is truly living out her dreams right now. 

It seems impossible that I will actually get to meet not just some, but all of the idols I so adored when I was younger, during this trip. 

And Chris.. I spent years, foolishly believing that Chris Evans and I were meant to be, until I finally came to my senses. Came back to reality. 

It all seems so ridiculous now. And it actually calms me down a little. 

Because at least now I know, that I won't be the obsessed girl meeting this man, any more. 

I am a fully grown adult. And my obsession has passed since he first starred in Captain America. I've graduated college, since then. I'm a lawyer now. 

I take a deep breath as I realize we're driving onto the lot, reminding myself that I am a lawyer.

And lawyers do not embarrass themselves. 

Not even when they're about to meet their idols. 

We drive onto the lot and I look around eagerly, the entire thing boggling my brain.

I've been to sets with Taylor before, but usually, it's been right at the end or the beginning, when none of the actual stars were there. And it would only be for a look around. This time I'm staying for an entire month, in this city, because Taylor is staying for six months - or maybe even more if they don't finish in time. 

I glance over at Pierre and he's not even looking at the surroundings, he's just staring at Taylor. 

"Pierre," I say with a chuckle, "T is not the big deal, here. We know him. Look around, dummy." 

He laughs as he looks at me, "I know but to be honest, there is no one here I am more excited to see than him." 

I roll my eyes and laugh, the thought endearing but also ridiculous because.. Well... We're going to meet actual movie stars.

The car finally comes to a stop and I'm itching to step outside. Rationally, I would never want to leave this car because Atlanta is hot and there's A/C in here, but I can't wait to go outside and look around this entire place with my own eyes. 

I unbuckle my seatbelt and open the door slowly as I look around in awe. 

In actuality, the lot is nothing special. It's a giant space filled with tents and trailers, but it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is what happens here. 

Taylor walks up next to me as I look around in wonder, "You ready to come meet some people?"

I snap my head as I look at him, shocked, "We're going to meet them right now?!"

"Yes, you dork," he says with a chuckle, "Most of them are here, filming."

I knew we would be meeting them but I didn't realize it was going to be the first thing we did after stepping out of the damn car. I need more time to prepare mentally! 

I start fidgeting with my hands as I swallow the lump in my throat, following Taylor through the parking lot, toward one of the giant tents. 

Once we finally get there, my breathing picks up as I start to panic. 

I stop before we even enter the tent, my breathing quick and shallow as I look around in a panic. 

Pierre quickly notices the beginning of a panic attack taking over, and he immediately turns to me, "Hey, Ames, breathe. Come on, you said it yourself, it's not that big of a deal. Come on now, breathe with me." 

He takes my hand and places it over his heart as he starts to guide my breathing and I close my eyes on instinct as I force myself to take deep breaths in an effort to calm down. 

I breathe deeply, slowly, and just as it starts to help I hear a deep voice say, "Make sure you feel it all the way in your stomach and breathe in through your nose." 

My skin prickles at the sound of the strange voice and it feels oddly familiar. 

I don't see the face or who it belongs to, my eyes are still closed as I focus on my breathing, but his words help me relax. 

"That's good, keep going. Just focus on your breathing, focus on something that makes you feel good. Focus on nothing but that." 

I smile as the strange voice directs me, my mind immediately flashing to moments with Taylor and Pierre, watching movies and laughing. And then it instinctively flashes to the stranger on the phone, a voice so soothing it makes me feel invincible. 

My breathing steadies slowly and I can hear the smile in his voice as he says, "Good, that's very good. Keep breathing just like that." 

Once I finally feel calm again I open my eyes to look at Pierre, my hand still on his chest, but he's not facing me. Instead his head is turned to the side, his mouth slightly agape in shock, and it makes me follow his gaze. 

When I follow his eyesight, looking to my left, I see Chris Evans standing there, smiling down at me. 

I feel flustered, speechless and nervous as my cheeks immediately flush and my breathing picks up again. 

He chuckles, clearly noticing my shocked demeanor as he puts a comforting hand on my shoulder, "Hey, just relax. Breathe. I get them all the time. Best way to get rid of them is to tune out your mind, it's doing nothing good for you right now." 

I look up and make eye contact with the man I used to fantasize about for so many years, as he tells me to take deep breaths. 

And instead of freaking out and panicking all over again, like I thought I would, I close my eyes again as I follow his advice. 

I take a deep breath, tuning out my brain until the noise turns to nothing, my body still very aware of his hand on my shoulder, but for a second none of it matters. 

The only thing I feel is my heartbeat returning to normal. 

Once I finally feel like a person again, I open my eyes and smile up at him, "Thank you.." 

"You're welcome," he says with a soft smile before extending his hand to me, "I'm Chris." 

"Amelia," I say as my smile widens and I extend my hand, shaking his, my body completely calm despite whats happening right now. To my own surprise, I manage to say, "Nice to meet you." 

"Nice to meet you too," he replies with a grin, "Taylor told me a lot about you." 

He looks from me to Taylor, who's watching this whole thing, and then to Pierre, "You must be Pierre, the infamous boyfriend. I've heard a lot about you too." 

He shakes Pierre's hand and I can tell he is equally as awestruck as I am as he shakes Chris Evans' hand with a slight giggle.

Chris lets go of his hand before turning back to me, "It was a pleasure to finally meet you, Ames."

Then he turns back to Pierre, "I'll see you guys later," before he walks into the tent, leaving Pierre and I completely and utterly speechless. 

✦✧✦✧

Liked this chapter? Please remember to vote and comment! ♡