Chapter 135: Incredible

AMELIA

After Chris, Dodger and I got back to the hotel, we had lunch - Dodger had a special one -and we still had a few hours before we needed to go for dinner with Scott and Lisa. 

I decided to get some more work done, figuring I might as well get ahead of my schedule, but I haven't even been sitting at the kitchen island for thirty minutes before large hands come pawing at my sides. 

"Bug, come on," Chris mumbles against my neck when he tucks his face into it, "Come watch a movie with me." 

I chuckle, leaning into his chest when his arms wrap around my waist, "But what about work?" 

"Fuck work," he grumbles, teeth nipping at my shoulder, "Come watch a movie and cuddle your boyfriend. It's much more fun." 

Well, I can't exactly argue with that.. 

He pulls me off the chair, still keeping his arms tightly wrapped around me, and then walks me over to the couch. He turns us around and sits down, pulling me sideways into his lap. 

I curl up to him, nuzzling my face into his neck as I whisper, "What movie do you want to watch?" 

"Figured it was time we watched my favorite Pixar movie," he replies, smiling as he takes the remote and starts looking through the options, "Hopefully you don't hate this one." 

I giggle, "Depends on what it is. Although I don't really think there's any Pixar movies I don't like." 

Dodger trots over to his spot in the corner, on a small bed that Scott had brought along with him when he arrived. 

"There we go," Chris hums, putting the remote back down and wrapping his arms around me, "If you don't like this one, it might actually be a dealbreaker." 

I gasp dramatically, turning to look at him, "You'd break up over a movie?"

He quirks a brow, a small smirk on his lips, "It's not just a movie. It's my favorite.

I narrow my eyes at him teasingly, "Okay, let's see which one you've picked as your favorite, then. Because as we're both already well aware, you have questionable taste." 

Chris keeps eye contact as he presses play on the movie, and I instantly know which one it is just from the opening credits. 

I grin excitedly, happily wiggling in his lap, "Oh my god, Incredibles! Okay, good choice, that's one of my favorites too!" 

Chris laughs at my reaction, his hands trying to hold me still, "Yeah? What are the others?" 

I lean into his chest as I keep my eyes on the movie, "Well, Incredibles, and Wall-E, and Up.. Oh, and Inside Out! Love that one. Ah! And Monsters Inc! Ugh, there are too many to choose. But I love Incredibles, I remember my parents buying me the DVD for my birthday as a kid and I wanted Violet's superpowers so bad." 

Chris cringes at my words, making me furrow my brows as I look at him, "What's wrong?" 

"That's so weird," he mumbles, squeezing me tighter, "It's so fucking weird that you got the DVD for your birthday as a kid. When Incredibles first came out I was in my early twenties, partying my ass off." 

I look at him for a moment before I laugh, "Oh god, don't even say that. That's crazy to think about. But I wasn't a kid-kid, I was like.. 12 or 13, I think. I'm pretty sure it came out in 2004, so that would make me 12." 

Chris' brows raise, an impressed smile on his lips, "You know the year it came out?" 

I shrug, leaning my head on his shoulder, "Well, yeah. I know most of the years for the movies. It was kind of part of the job. We even had competitions to see who knew the most trivia. That was one of my favorite parts about working there."