Chapter 45: Boyfriend Material

AMELIA

I blink up at him in surprise as I process his words. 

"What?" I ask breathlessly, wide eyed and completely shocked. 

He takes a step closer to me, glancing around while he does to check our surroundings. We're in the lounge area and it's just the two of us. When he realizes, he takes another step, bringing himself right in front of me. 

He tilts his head down, looking at me with sincerity, brushing his fingers against my own. 

"You heard me," he whispers, his eyes scanning mine. 

"I-uhm.." I stutter as I look up at him, his eyes locked onto mine insistently, and I swallow a lump in my throat when I feel my mouth going dry. 

He smiles softly, one hand reaching up to cup my cheek as he laces our fingers with the other one, "Cat got your tongue?" 

My lips quirk up at his words and I take a deep breath to steady myself. 

I nod and smile up at him shyly, "I didn't know you felt that way." 

He chuckles, "Then you must not have been paying attention." 

I giggle softly and tilt my head slightly, "No, I guess not." 

He smiles warmly, his thumb brushing over my cheekbone as he whispers, "So? What do you say? Will you be my girl?" 

I feel like I'm drowning in the azure blue of his eyes, hypnotized and unable to move as he waits for my answer. 

Unable to move. 

But also unwilling. 

"Yes," I breathe out as I nod, "Of course I will." 

He smiles widely as soon as I say it and then he leans down, effectively breaking the tension between us as his lips slot over mine. 

I kiss him back gently, my hands sliding around his waist to pull him closer, allowing me to melt against him as he kisses me deeper. 

His lips move against mine patiently, slowly relishing in the feeling, before I feel him smiling against them. 

"Thank god," he whispers, "You had me worried for a second, there." 

I flutter my eyes open as I chuckle, "You thought I would say no?" 

His eyes run over my face as his thumb strokes my cheek again, "Not initially, but then when you reacted like that, yeah. Made me worried." 

"I'm sorry," I say as I smile up at him, "I was just teasing you." 

"That's all you ever seem to do," he grumbles jokingly and it makes me laugh. 

"But it's a good thing I like being teased, then," he whispers before he dives down again, his lips landing on mine with more fervor than before. 

✦✧✦✧

I drive back to the hotel with Chris. The entire time his fingers are laced with mine and he's looking at me softly as I speak, listening intently to every word. 

It makes my stomach flutter, makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. 

As soon as we make our way inside my room, he grabs me and pulls me flush against his chest. 

His arms wrap around my waist as his lips take mine, and my hands move up his chest as I kiss him back eagerly. 

His hands slide up my back, pressing me against him more, as he exhales a heavy breath, and then he starts guiding me backwards towards the bedroom. 

I can only match his urgency, my fingers quickly finding the hem of his shirt and pulling it off him in a quick motion before our lips connect again. 

When we finally reach my bed, he pushes me down on it, looking at me as he stands at the edge, his chest rising and falling rapidly. 

"Fuck, you don't know what you do to me," he growls lowly as his eyes run over my body, "You drive me fucking crazy." 

Then he dips down, hovering over me as his eyes blaze into mine, his hand cupping my jaw as he starts to speak, "Amelia, I-.." He cuts himself off as his eyes search mine. 

I cup his cheek, smiling softly as I whisper, "I love you too." 

His face splits into a grin and he quickly leans down, planting a hard kiss on my lips before he's smiling down at me again, "I've wanted to tell you since the first time I kissed you. I love you so fucking much, you don't even know." 

I giggle, "I don't think you realize how much you show it even if you don't say it." 

He furrows his brows, "What do you mean?" 

"Chris," I say with a smile, "Everything you've done for me.. How you treat me.. You've made it so obvious. And you've also made it impossible to not fall in love with you." 

Another grin makes its way onto his face, "Yeah?" 

"Yeah," I reply softly, running my thumb over his cheek, "I've been in love with you since the first time we kissed, too. I just tried to hold back so I wouldn't lose my head. Or my heart." 

"What changed your mind?"

"I realized I didn't have a choice. I lost it the first time I spoke to you, even if I didn't know it was you. I've been yours this entire time. You didn't even have to ask, I've always been yours." 

✦✧✦✧

Liked this chapter? Please remember to vote and comment! ♡