Chapter 66: Perennial

AMELIA

AMELIA

When the host comes back to take our orders, Chris chooses for the both of us and it's honestly a relief. 

I don't know what exactly happened to me, but ever since I've met him I've felt more and more comfortable relieving control. 

I like when he makes decisions, or plans things for me. I like not having to make choices and it makes me feel good when he makes them for me. 

I've never been in a situation like that before. I've always been notoriously independent and self-sufficient, always been able to take care of myself and I have always preferred to take care of myself. 

In any past 'relationships' I've been in, I've always distanced myself if I ever felt like my partner was being controlling or tried to change me. 

But with Chris it's different. There's an immense trust there, a bond that has formed so quickly and grown so strong that I don't even know how I ever lived without it. 

I just know that he will always be there for me, take care of me. That he wants the best for me. And the fact that he doesn't mind doing it, that he actually likes it, only magnifies that feeling inside. 

The feeling of being loved, cared for, appreciated. 

I know he enjoys taking care of me, making choices or decisions on my behalf, just as much as I enjoy him doing it. 

But it's also a difficult road to navigate. I've never done it before so I don't know the pitfalls to look out for, and I also don't know how it will effect our relationship once we have to spend long periods of time apart. 

I guess only time will tell. 

✦✧✦✧

As time passes I get less self-conscious about the dozen of people in the restaurant, practically watching us,  because Chris is able to make me forget about everything around us. 

He's mesmerizing, taking over my entire mind and heart as he's sitting there, in front of me, telling me a story about something that happened when him and Sebastian were filming their second Captain America movie together. 

"He was supposed to stay on the car but as soon as the harnesses were off, he slid right down the front and landed on his ass," Chris says with a laugh as he gestures with his hands, "And it kept happening, over and over again, I'm pretty sure his ass was black and blue for the next month." 

Chris laughs and I join in with a soft chuckle, not just because the story is funny but also because he looks so beautiful like this. His eyes are gleaming, his face split into a grin and his laugh is deep and genuine. 

I wish I could stay in this moment forever, take a picture of it so I would be able to slip back into it whenever I need to feel better, in the future. Because there is no way in hell anyone could ever feel sad or down in this moment. 

He is so pure and genuine and it shows in everything he does. Watching him as he tries to talk, but can't finish his sentence because he keeps laughing at his own story, is honestly adorable. 

Like an excited golden retriever. Who would ever be able to resist that? 

Chris takes a deep breath as he calms down from laughing and then he reaches his hand across the table to take mine. 

"Am I boring you?" He asks with a soft smile. 

I chuckle and shake my head, "No, of course not. You could never be boring." 

"You sure?" He squeezes my fingers with his own, smirking, "Because you're not laughing. You just have this goofy smile on your face."

I hum, "Yeah, I'm sure.." I glance down at our joined hands before I whisper, "I just love you. So much." 

I look back up at him as I finish my sentence and his features soften when our eyes meet. 

"I love you too, sweetheart," he replies, his thumb stroking the top of my hand as he speaks, "More than you'll ever know." 

My smile fades a little as my mind wanders, and I glance back down at our hands when I whisper, "I can't believe I have to leave you tomorrow.. I don't want to.." 

Chris sighs and takes a sip of his water with his free hand. 

When he puts the glass back down, he quietly says, "I know. I don't want you to, either. But it'll be okay, remember? We talked about it." 

"I know," I say with a small nod, glancing back up at him, "I'm just going to miss you. A lot." 

"I know you won't believe me," he says with a small smile, "But I'll miss you more." 

"Impossible," I say but he quickly interjects, "Yes, possible."

I shake my head, "Nope, I don't believe you." 

Chris quirks a brow and gives me a challenging smile before he says, "Are you calling me a liar?" 

I narrow my eyes teasingly before replying, "I guess I am." 

He purses his lips for a moment before they lift into a smirk. 

"Brat." 

I gasp dramatically, whisper-shouting, "How dare you! I am not!" 

He laughs, nodding as he speaks, "Oh yes you are. But it's okay. I know how to handle you." 

"You sure do," I mumble as I look back at his fingers entwining with mine. 

"I do a good job, hm?" He murmurs, his gaze already on me when my eyes lift to meet his. 

"Yeah," I whisper, "You do a really good job." 

"Good.." he says, his smile widening as he tilts his head to the side, his eyes still locked with mine, "I will do my best to always make you happy. You know that, right?" 

"Yes, I do," I reply, "And I will do my very best to try and make you as happy as you make me." 

"Consider the job done." 

✦✧✦✧

Liked this chapter? Please remember to vote and comment! ♡