Chapter 36: Missed Connections

*A/N: I had to do a picture instead of my normal gifs bc I couldn't find a gif of him in the suit in sunglasses. Just for reference, Chris looks like this as Cap throughout this book. And when Ames sees him in this chapter, he's wearing this (with the sunglasses but no umbrella lol). Okay, let your imagination run wild and let's get to it* 

AMELIA

After our talk, Taylor let me get changed before he dragged me out of my hotel room. 

Then he took Pierre and I on a sightseeing tour around Atlanta. He had promised me that we would go see some things when we planned the trip, and I'm happy he kept his promise. 

The day pretty much flew by as we drove around the city, taking pictures of the sights and each other. 

The entire day Taylor had a big smile plastered on his face and he even let me take some sappy couple pictures with him and Pierre, which he normally refuses to do. 

I didn't really hear back from Chris during the day, most likely because he was too busy at work. 

When it becomes late afternoon I check my phone, only to realize that the battery died. And it's not until then that I remember, that I forgot to charge it last night, due to our spontaneous sleepover. 

In the evening, Taylor takes Pierre and I out for dinner at a fancy restaurant in the city and when I finally get back to my hotel room in the evening, it's almost 11 pm.

I drag my tired body through the room, immediately changing into pajamas and plopping down into bed. 

When I finally get my phone charged and check it, I immediately see three unread messages. 

Christopher Sorry I was gone sweetheart, had to work. But it's not technically stealing if I'm sharing it with you, which I intend to do

Christopher  What are you doing for dinner?

Christopher Nevermind, saw Taylor's instagram. Hope you had a good day today <3 

I quickly reply back.

Amelia Hey! I'm so sorry, my phone died! Hope you had a good day as well. I missed you :( 

I wait for ten minutes for a reply. 

And then ten minutes turn into twenty. 

When I still haven't gotten a reply by midnight I figure he must have fallen asleep and I decide to go to sleep myself. 

✦✧✦✧

I wake up the next morning when my phone vibrates on the nightstand. I groan and turn over, picking it up and rubbing my eyes as I check the time. 

7.30 am. Too early. 

Christopher Hey baby, sorry. I was asleep when you texted me last night. Long day. You coming to set today? 

I sit up in bed, yawning and rubbing my eyes a little more before I reply. 

Amelia I haven't really made plans with Taylor but I could. Why, you miss me? ;)

Christopher You know I do. 

Amelia When are you leaving?

Christopher On my way out the door. Want me to come pick you up?

I look down at myself and sigh. 

Amelia No, I'm not ready. Still in PJ's.. :(

Christopher Taylor is not in until later, go with him. I hope I get to see you soon