Chapter 44: His Girl

AMELIA

One week passes by and I'm in complete and utter bliss. 

Chris and I spend as much time as we can with each other. We keep a semi-low profile whenever we're on set together, but we still talk and joke around while we do. 

He can't seem to keep his hands off me for long periods of time. Even when we're talking casually among others, his fingers would brush against my arm, hip, back, anywhere he could without it seeming suspicious. 

And then whenever the opportunity struck, which it did often, he would drag me over to our secret spot and kiss the breath out of me. Always grumbling something about, you're teasing me too much, needed to kiss you, or, how am I supposed to keep my hands off you when you look like that, or even, the only good part about my day has been when I'm with you. 

I'm falling deeper and deeper, practically tumbling down the rabbit hole that is him, and I can't seem to stop it. And I don't really want to, either. 

I just want to stay in this bubble of bliss and happiness for as long as I possibly can. 

✦✧✦✧

I'm back on the lot, just like I have been for the past many days by now. I wish I could pretend that I'm here for Taylor but the truth is that I'm here because Chris wanted it. 

"Need you there with me, I can't focus otherwise." 

It's endearing but also worrying. Because at the back of my mind I know I won't be able to stay forever, I won't be in this bubble forever. In two weeks I'll have to go back home, to my life, my job, and then what happens?

Chris walks over to me in the lounge area just as I finish up a call from work, a blonde woman walking next to him and speaking quickly while she reads something on her phone screen out loud. 

But I'm fairly certain he's not listening to anything she's saying because his eyes are focused on me, not even glancing her way as she speaks. 

Once they make their way over to me, he interrupts her, "Megan, this is Amelia."

The woman stops talking and looks up from her phone before smiling genuinely at me, "Oh, you're Amelia. It's so nice to finally meet you. I've heard a lot about you." 

I raise my brows in surprise, shaking her hand when she extends it to me, "Uh, yeah, I'm Amelia. Hi." 

"I'm Megan," she says, dropping my hand while we exchange smiles, "Chris' publicist." 

I nod in understanding, glancing shortly at Chris who's just smiling warmly at me, before turning my focus back to Megan, "Oh, okay, I see. Well, nice to meet you." 

She flashes a bright smile as she glances back down at her phone before looking up at me, "You know, you're causing some trouble for me." 

I blink in surprise and chuckle, "I am? How so?" 

"Chris is being completely unmanageable these days, he won't do any of the things I'm trying to book for him because he says, and I quote, 'he wants to spend as much time as possible with his girl.'

I blush immediately at her words, chancing a look at Chris who darts his eyes down to the ground, his cheeks turning slightly pink as well. 

I chuckle, doing my best to play it off, making me cock a brow and smirk at Megan, "Oh, I didn't know I was his girl." 

At that, Chris quickly raises his gaze again, his brows furrowed when his baby blues land on me. 

I look over at him, my brow still raised questionably and he opens his mouth for a moment, as if wanting to say something, before swiftly shutting it again. 

Megan chuckles, "I guess that's something you two should talk about, then. Anyway, I'm trying to get him to do his job but he's being unreasonable. Please talk some sense into him, will ya?" 

I nod and laugh as I look back at her, "Okay, will do." 

"Thanks," she replies with a grin, "It would make my life a whole lot easier." 

She turns to Chris, "I'll talk to you later. I'll get the things on your list done but you also need to look over the stuff I sent you. You still have a public image you need to take care of, you know." 

Chris glances at her, disinterested, making her raise an expectant brow. 

He sighs and grumbles, "Yeah, I'll get to it, promise," and that makes her smile again, "Great! Then my work here is done."

She turns to me, "It was lovely to finally meet you. I'm sure we'll be seeing each other again soon." 

I smile and nod, saying goodbye before she walks off. Then I turn my attention back to Chris, smirking, "Your girl, huh?" 

He shifts uncomfortably where he stands, shoving his hands into his pockets and shuffling his feet momentarily as he looks down at them, before he mumbles, "Well, yeah, I thought that was implied already.."

I cross my arms over my chest, raising a brow, "No, it's not. If you want me to be your girl you have to ask. You can't just claim me. This is the 21st century, big guy." 

He looks up quickly at that and for a second I can see the worry on his face but when he realizes that I'm teasing him, he relaxes a little. 

"Okay," he says with a soft smile, "I'll ask, then." 

"Ask me, what?" I ask teasingly. 

"Ask you to be my girl." 

I smile and shake my head in amusement, "What, you want to be my boyfriend, Evans? Is that it?" 

I'm teasing him because the notion seems absurd. I know we've spent time together, but it's still very fast, and considering what I've read about his past relationships, it doesn't seem like he's done this a lot. 

He hasn't been many peoples boyfriend. 

So I'm expecting him to laugh off the joke as I stand there, smirking up at him. 

Which means that the next words out of his mouth are very unexpected. 

"Baby, I've considered myself your boyfriend since the day I first heard your voice. Thought you realized that."

✦✧✦✧

Liked this chapter? Please remember to vote and comment! ♡