Chapter 12: Caught

AMELIA

Taylor puts a hand on the small of my back as he guides me into the tent, whispering, "You just met Chris Evans. You do realize this means you owe me for life, right?" 

I scoff as I look at him, "Shut up, you jerk. I just had a panic attack and all you did was stand there and watch."

He shrugs, "Or maybe I just knew Chris would come to your rescue." 

"Yeah right," I say with a snort, "You got lucky. Who knows what could have happened otherwise?"

I look at him and when all I get back is a smirk I almost confront him, but then I'm interrupted by a female voice. 

"Taylor. Is this who I think it is?" Scarlett Johansson asks as she walks towards Pierre and I. 

Before I can even utter a word she pulls me in for a hug and I swear, I could die in this very moment, and I would die happy. 

I don't even feel it properly, the hug being over way too quickly, but when she pulls back and gives me a genuine smile, I almost melt. 

She turns to Pierre, pulling him in for a hug as well, before moving back with a big smile on her face. 

"This must be Amelia and Pierre," she says with a grin as she looks between Pierre and I.

The only thing I'm able to muster up is a slow nod as I look at her with wide eyes, and it makes her chuckle. 

"I heard you liked Natasha. That true?" She asks with a smirk. 

The smirk is so true to character, for a moment I have to remind myself that she's actually a real person standing in front of me, and not Natasha Romanoff. 

I nod eagerly, "Y-yes, Miss Johansson, I am a very big fan!"

She laughs, "No need for all of that, sweetheart. Scarlett will do just fine. Scar if you feel friendly," she winks, "I've been very excited to meet both of you, Taylor has told me so much about you," she says as she looks between Pierre and I. 

I blush slightly at her words, looking away to try and keep her from noticing. 

That's when I lock eyes with Chris as he watches me intently from the back of the room, and he definitely notices my reddened cheeks because he smiles softly once we lock eyes. 

Damn it.  I really wish I could keep even a semblance of being cool, calm and collected with these people. 

I dart my eyes back to Scarlett, clearing my throat, "Yes, Scarlett, it's true. I'm a big fan of yours and Nat's. I'm a big fan of Elizabeth and Wanda, too. I'm very happy we finally get to see some female representation in the Marvel franchise." 

I smile at Scarlett until a voice chirps, "Is that so? You like Wanda, too? She's barely been on screen!" I look toward the voice and see a happy Elizabeth Olsen walking towards me, a wide grin on her face. 

I chuckle, "I'm aware, but I've read the comics. I'm very excited to see what the Scarlet Witch brings to the table." 

She smirks, placing a hand on her hip, "Well, she's not the Scarlet Witch, you know. At least not yet!" 

I nod, smiling as I meet her gaze, "No, but she will be." I give her a sassy wink, making her laugh, and I feel proudness run through me. 

Elizabeth Olsen thinks I'm funny. Holy fucking shit. 

That's when Taylor interrupts us, "Yeah, so, you've all heard of them, but here they are, in all their tired, sweaty glory." 

He gestures to Pierre and I, and I glare at him, grumbling, "Says the man who smells like fried onions when he works out."

"He really does!" Scarlett says, laughing, "We had a workout together the other day and I kept wondering why I was craving onion rings!" 

I giggle at her words, "I know! It's annoying and satisfying all at once!" 

Taylor bumps my hip, hard, as he says with gritted teeth, "Stop exposing me!" 

I chuckle, "You did this to yourself, moviestar! Stop pretending you're special. You're still the dude who threw up on my couch after drinking too much wine." 

Elizabeth and Scarlett both laugh, and so does Pierre from next to me, as I cock a brow at Taylor. 

He has a very intense stare-off with me, but when he finally breaks our eye contact in a laugh, my eyes run over the room and I once again meet the vibrant blue eyes of a certain Mr. Evans, looking at me as he chuckles softly. 

✦✧✦✧

After meeting the others and chatting for a while they all had to go and work. 

Sometimes I forget that these sets are actually their places of work and their actual job is standing in front of a camera all day. 

I feel my nerves slowly evaporating as Taylor shows us around the set. He shows me the lounge area, which I instantly recognize from our FaceTime calls. 

He also gives us a tour of the make-up trailers before moving onto the stage area. 

Before opening the door he turns to us, "You have to be quiet. The red light means they're filming." 

He slowly brings us through the door and we walk onto the set. I look around in awe, not just because of the enormous size of it but also because of the props they're using. 

The entire thing is basically covered in green, but then there are random props standing around to give you a sense of the scene. 

I lean in and whisper to Pierre, "I never understood how they could act with just a green screen." 

He looks at me and nods before whispering back, "I know, right? I told Taylor it was going to be a challenge. Getting in character and feeling the surroundings is all on them." 

Taylor shoots us a look when he hears us whispering and I quickly give him apologetic eyes, putting my hands up in defeat. 

He continues further in and that's when I suddenly see that they are in fact shooting. 

I walk up next to Taylor, standing between him and Pierre, as I watch Scarlett and Chris doing a scene. 

I watch curiously as they say their lines and when the director calls cut, asking for a redo, people quickly run up to them, adjusting their clothes, hair and even some make-up before they start filming again. 

I've always wondered about this. Taylor's biggest dream has been becoming an actor since the day I met him but I never really understood it. 

The work is grueling, long hours and little sleep, and you're constantly corrected and criticized. 

Not to mention the industry itself. It's brutal. 

When the director yells action, I watch as they act out the scene and although I try hard not to, I catch myself getting lost as I watch Chris. 

His movements, expressions, his voice. I've seen plenty of his movies, maybe even all of them if I'm being completely honest, but it's a very different experience seeing it up close like this. 

I have no idea for how long I stand there, transfixed by the image before me as he and Scarlett act out the scene, my eyes never leaving Chris. 

But I know it's been a while when the director calls cut and I don't hear it. 

Because in what feels like a second, Chris' eyes are meeting mine and my breath hitches before I quickly look away, doing my best to not show just how embarrassed I feel for getting caught staring. 

✦✧✦✧

Liked this chapter? Please remember to vote and comment! ♡