Chapter 127: We Must Stay Focused

AMELIA

After our very spontaneous, and very filthy, morning sex, Chris had to go to work. I did too, and after our little stunt, I desperately needed a shower. 

We had a pretty heated make out session before he had to leave, and I even think he might have been a bit late because we were having a lot of trouble taking our hands off each other. 

What the fuck was that?

We talked after, and were both very aware that I'm on birth control, so despite what we may have said in the heat of the moment, it's not like it was going to happen. 

It didn't mean anything.. Right?

I'm not entirely sure. Because I've been trying to work for the past two hours, unable to focus due to my mind wandering back to how turned on I got from his words. 

I have the files and papers spread out on the bed, opting to sit in the bedroom instead of at the kitchen island because I didn't really feel like getting up today. I'm dressed in casual wear since I don't have a face time call with my bosses until tomorrow, and I'm pretty grateful to be able to do this tedious work in my sweatpants. 

I take a sip of my fresh cup of coffee as I look over a few notes, and then I put it back down, balancing it on the mattress. 

I narrow my eyes at the cup, checking to see if it's going to tip over, and once I realize it won't, I snap a quick photo. I post it to instagram, mainly because I'm pretty proud of myself for being able to balance it in bed. 

I grab one of the highlighters thats laying on the bed, picking my file back up, and just as I place it in my lap, my phone vibrates. 

I roll my eyes when I read Chris' comment on my post, quickly typing out a sassy reply. He's quick to respond, making me chuckle as we go back and forth. 

But then I get a text just as I post another response to his comments.

Christopher If you spill on the sheets you better be prepared to pay the price

Amelia Oh yeah? What's it cost?

Christopher I was thinking something along the lines of what happened this morning

My cheeks heat up at his words, making me squirm a little on the bed while I type out my response. 

Amelia You liked that, huh?

Christopher Jesus

Christopher You have no fucking idea. It's all I've thought about since I left this morning

I grin, bringing the highlighter between my lips to chew on it absentmindedly as I type. 

Amelia You don't say.. What have your thoughts been, exactly?

Christopher How fucking hot it was. And I don't even fully know why, but even thinking about it now is making me hard

That makes me whimper. I take a deep breath, teeth biting down on the highlighter a little more. 

Amelia Fuck you for telling me that right now

Christopher Why? You don't want to know when I'm hard? 

Amelia Obviously I do but I can't exactly do anything about it, can I? You need to quit that job of yours, Evans. It's a hazard

Christopher Or maybe you just quit yours so you can be with me at all times