Chapter 108

I was like numb. All I could feel was James's hand in mine while we were leaving and even though the hospital was filled with people, I couldn't hear a thing around me. I still had the word twins echoing in my mind. I think I was a bit shocked that I was having two babies instead of one, but I was happy about it. I was just scared.

"Hey... Lea..." James snapped his fingers in front of my eyes taking me out of my hypnosis state. I smiled at him. It must have been a shy smile because I barely felt my lips curving. "Are you ok?" He asked, stopping me from going further and holding me by my shoulders.

"I'm fine." I nodded. "I'm just a bit scared." I told him. "I thought I was having just one baby and there's two..."

James was looking straight in my eyes, probably trying to read between the lines if something was in fact wrong.

"Are you sure?" He asked, resting his forehead against mine. "I feel you so off..."

"I swear." I told him. That time a genuine and happy smile formed in my face. "It's just that... twins... I mean..." I stuttered a bit. "I wasn't even counting on one baby yet let alone two..." I explained.

I shook my head and suddenly, I began to laugh loud. After a few seconds, he joined me. His laughter filled the little space where we were standing before opening the door to the parking lot, and at the same time he embraced me and kissed me on the top of my head. That little gesture made the moment perfect. It hit me more than ever that we were expecting our first babies together and that we were about to be a family and his embrace ensured me that everything was going to be alright.

"We're gonna have a rough time after they are born, but I am so happy." He told me.

"I am too, babe." I said, looking in his eyes.

I wanted to make him sure of that. I wanted him to know that I was genuinely happy. Having a baby with him was one of the things I wanted the most and it was happening. James gave me a peck and then stretched his arm to open the door and we left the hospital. We made the rest of our way to the car holding onto each other, and the twin's idea was beginning to sink in me.

"So, wanna have dinner at Gringo's?" He suggested with a big grin on his face when we were already inside the car and ready to leave. James knew perfectly well that I loved their burgers. It was my favorite diner and there was no chance I was going to refuse such offer. "And the babies... hey kids do you wanna go to Gringo's?" He asked bending over me and talking to my belly, which made me laugh loud.

"Yeah, the three of us want a cheese burger." I told him, tangling my fingers in his hair, and running my hand through it.

"I love you." He said with a sweet tone and with a gentle move he bent his head over mine, kissing me in a very passionate way.

His juicy lips on mine sending shivers through my spine and leaving me aching for more. With a smile, James just sat back on his seat and started the engine.

"Do you wanna go tell your parents?" He asked while driving.

"I was just thinking about it. Maybe we could stop by their house after dinner and give them the news. You know the other day I felt really sick and I think my mother got worried, so they should know." I answered.

James let go of the wheel and caught my hand, taking it to his lips first before resting it on his leg and wrapping his fingers in mine. I loved when he drove like that, caressing my hand, for it always made the drive more intimate and tender.

"Yeah, we can do that. I think they're gonna love what we have to tell them." He said.

I could tell James was just delighted with the news. Ever since I had told him I was pregnant, he walked around with a really foolish smile, but that suited him so well. He looks gorgeous when he smiles. As we got to our restaurant, we ordered the usual. James chose his burger with bacon and I one with cheese and onions. Only that time, I replaced the usual coke for a natural orange juice. According to Skylar, coke was not healthy for the babies. Caffeine, in high doses of course, would probably cause hyper activity on the babies, and we obviously didn't want that. Hopefully, we'd have some good night's sleep.