Chapter 74

In the next morning, I opened my eyes, and I blinked a couple of times until I could actually keep my eyes opened. I stretched then, still feeling a little tired and zoned out, and then I looked at the clock. The green letters flashed 11.30 am. I frowned realizing how much we had slept. I turned around to wake up James but the bed was empty. I palmed his side just to find his side of the bed with no one on it, and that left me a bit startled.

"James?" I raised my head of my pillow, leaning on my elbows. "Babe?" I called again, though I was sure the suite was all too silent for him to be around.

I pulled the sheets away and got out of the bed. I approached the blinders and pressed the button to roll it up. Catalunya's sun and bright blue sky began to appear on the horizon and I blinked as my eyes were stung by the sunlight but I smiled as I set my eyes at the view. I loved that city so much. I then turned around and went to the living room. When I got there, a huge bouquet of white daisies was on the table and I opened a smile and almost ran to it to grab the envelope and read the note.

"The first time ever I sent flowers to a woman happened in this hotel. I sent these exact same flowers for these were her favorites.

I send these today at the same place to the same woman, four years later.

I guess we were meant to be.

J."

"Oh my God..." I smiled at the note. "Can this man be any sweeter?" I swear I spoke all alone, taken aback with his gesture. "Where is he?"

I rested the card on the table and went back inside the bedroom to find my mobile. I searched for his number and pressed dial. He had to be near somewhere.

"Morning, babe." He said when he took the call.

"Thank you." I said first thing. "I love you; you know that right?" I still asked.

"I guess so." I heard him giggle.

"Where are you?" I sat on the bed with crossed legs. "I am feeling kind of lonely in here."

"I am by the pool, babe. Come down here." He suggested and I thought that was actually a good idea.

"I am a bit starving. Can you order some food for when I get down?" I asked him, already looking for some clothes to wear in the suitcase. "How's the weather?"

"It's really warm." He said. "What do you want me to order?"

"A cheese omelet." I said, holding up my yellow dress and then resting it on the bed. "A cup of coffee and that's it." I heard him giggle.

"Ok... I'll ask for it to be here in what? Half an hour?" He asked.

"Yes." I agreed.

"Hurry... I miss you." He said quietly.

"I love you."

After the phone call, I went for a quick shower but that it did wonders to revive my body. I put on my long sleeves yellow dress that reached my ankles and held my black hair in pigtails that reached half of my back. I decided to go with a clean face. I wore no makeup whenever I could to let my skin breathe. That was one of the occasions where I could do it. My skin had a fair share of makeup quite often. I grabbed my purse and left the suite. I found James sitting by the swimming pool writing something down on a paper. He looked so deep concentrated that I stopped for a while watching him. He held the pen still and ran a hand over his hair with his eyes stuck on the paper, then he nodded and wrote again.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I got near him. James raised his head and shot me his beautiful and refreshing smile.

"I was writing down something that came up to my mind. Maybe lyrics... who knows..."