Chapter 8

I woke up in the morning with a terrible headache, probably because of the lack of sleep. I could barely sleep thinking about James's invitation. It had caught me by surprise and I became agitated. Me? Going on tour with him? Not just on tour, but on holidays! Spending more time with him. Getting to know him better. It was a tempting offer... but I didn't know if I could do it. Better said, I didn't know if I should do it. I had left my parents in Madrid already; I could leave my friends. I could go on that adventure. I enjoyed his company. He was fragile despite all I thought. He needed guidance, someone who could show him the good things in life. The good side of life. He needed someone who would make him feel natural, who'd give him a hug when he needed it. He needed someone who listens when he needs to talk. Was I that person? Was I capable of doing so? I was still so young... I was just 21... Could I give him all that? More and more doubts appeared inside my mind.

I cringed as the headache attacked again while I was lost in my thoughts, so I got out of the bed and went for a shower. Though I thought the morning shower would help, it didn't. My head was still pounding when I was done and pounding even stronger when I asked for my breakfast to be served. Given the fact that it was the day of the concert, I was hoping breakfast would free me from my migraine. I ordered a toast and an orange juice, and they brought me coffee even though I haven't asked for it. The coffee helped though, and I thanked them for their little mistake. After it, the headache began to subside. Finally, after starting to feel better, I got dressed. I put on a pair of jeans and a black top and a pair of black Converse All Star. Lil, my best friend, was meeting me at the hotel, so I went to the balcony to enjoy the sunlight and rest my head while I waited for her to arrive. Meanwhile, someone knocked at my door. Even before I had the time to sit on the lounge chair. It was a bit soon to be her so I wondered who that could be while I walked towards the door.

"Who is it?" I asked with my hand on the locker.

"Lea?" I heard his voice outside and I swear I panicked in seconds.

"James?" I asked from the inside and breathing slowly so I could calm down. I could not open the door to him breathing as if I was going to have a panic attack.

"Open the door..." He asked sounding rather calm, and I did so.

"Good morning." James said standing there glued to the floor. "I had to see you before tonight." He talked again.

"Hi!" I responded not knowing exactly what else to say.

My mind went so blank that moment. I didn't expect to see him that soon. Under his eyes, big black bags showing he had little sleep too. He looked restless, tired, and still so beautiful. I could stare at him for an eternity and not get tired of it. I was doomed... I knew it that very second. I was so falling for his charms from tragic heights with nothing to soften my fall.

"Good morning James." I said straying so he could get inside. "Take a sit." I pointed at the couch at the living room.

"No, thanks. I'm fine standing." He said walking around the room. I felt him tense, nervous even.

"Is everything alright?" I asked him while I sat down.

"I'm fine. I'm fine" He said, but I felt him so disquieted. Then he continued. "Look, I talked to Zack. You meet him at door nº 10 of the stadium at 2pm and he's taking you inside. You don't have to wait on the line for hours. I also said you were taking some friends with you, so he'll have some backstage passes for all of you. I just didn't tell him how many because I didn't know..." I stared at him surprised and amazed at the same time.

"We're four..." I finally said but still spellbound.

"Ok..." He nodded. "So, the four of you are going backstage and see the show from there. I want you to be there." He looked in my eyes there. The first time that morning that he did so. "It's important to me and as you told me you wanted to be with your friends, I thought it was cool for all of you to go there."