Chapter 2

James stayed there holding my hand and smiling, staring at me with his murderous blue eyes. The moment had provoked such a huge impact that I could swear the world had stopped turning around. Time had stopped ticking. Noise around us could not be heard. We were mesmerized with one another and I could not stop staring at his eyes. He had the bluest eyes I had ever seen, and I just stared back at him almost unable to say another word. Not only was I dying of embarrassment as I was acknowledging who I had in front of me once again and I could not get over it. Finally, as if getting some sense of sanity, James stepped out of the elevator, letting the door close behind him, but it only brought him closer to me and my body reacted so strangely. My heart just skipped a long beat and my muscles tensed. I could hardly breathe and after all this, our hands were still gripping onto another, sending electric shock up my arms, reaching my shoulder, and sending shivers down my spine.

"I know who you are." I finally told him recomposing myself and taking my hand away from his rather gently.

I wanted to break that contact to try and calm down, but I was not in control of anything that was happening to me that moment.

"Are you hurt?" He asked, as it had been in fact hard bump.

"No, I am ok..." I said, though my ribs were killing me. I smiled at him and looked in his eyes once again, sinking in all that sea blue he had around his iris. "I got to go... I must hurry...." I finally said, pressing the elevator's button to make it come down again. The elevator's door opened, this time empty, and I got in.

"Wait..." He yelled and put his feet on the door again to keep it from closing once more. "...you didn't even tell me your name." James told me as if it was a matter of great importance. "What's your name?"

"Leandra." I responded with the hand resting on my floor's button, ready to press it to go up. I was already running late.

"Are you staying here?" He asked catching me off guard.

"Seems like it." I decided to tease him.

"Can I buy you a drink?" James offered, still holding the door.

"I can't." I refused politely.

"Why not?" He insisted.

"I'm working." I responded and no more words were shared.

We stayed there, just looking in each other's eyes until the elevator's door closed. As the elevator climbed up I cringed. I had just refused a drink with James Hetfield... how stupid could I be? Then, I relived the whole scene in my head... he was stunning, and I couldn't go past that fact. Finally, the elevator stopped on my floor and I went up to my room to get changed. With all the fuss, I had little time to change so I ended up not calling Rob as I had planned. Like I said before, fate, luck, whatever you want to call it, always gets in the way when the time has come. So, I did not make that phone call at all. I just changed the fastest I could and came back downstairs to the pool area decided to make that phone call later.

When I got near the pool, James was also there much to my surprise. Apparently, my agent had heard him asking me for a drink and invited him to join us for the photo shooting. I knew Jorge had something in his mind, but I decided to ignore him. I played the professional, though I was dismantling inside, I confess. Still, I would not let myself be intimidated by James Hetfield, after all he was just a guy like any other guy. Right? So, while I was doing my job and be the sexiest and wildest I could be for the Guess campaign, James was right behind the camera holding a beer in his hand standing and staring at me with the most incredible blue eyes ever. Sometimes he smiled, which was equally painfully good to look at and sometimes he winked, which made him an irritating person, but in a slightly teasing good way. Even if he was wearing a simple black t-shirt and some old jeans, he looked good, I wondered how such old clothes could look so great on a guy. He had the full package of everything I liked. He should be damned. All kind of thoughts ran over my mind while I was being photographed and all triggered by the tall figure behind the camera that kept staring at me as if I was the only person in his world that moment. I won't deny it, right there he was the only person in my world too.