Chapter 51

The first thing I did in the morning was picking up the folder from the university and read everything again. I left James sleeping and crashed on my couch reading the whole thing. As I had some doubts, I decided to call them. So, all I had to do was to fill in the application form inside the folder and deliver it in the institution and pay 800$. They would give me some books to study, and in January I would take the test. It was gonna last 3 hours and then I'd have an interview. The best grades would be the ones filling the places of course.

"It's not that hard." I thought. God... that was really growing on me. I loved the idea.

I didn't know how I would do it though. Being in San Francisco would reduce my hours working for sure. I couldn't be away the whole time. I settled that I would be giving a whole week of work and then I would not work for at least two weeks. But a whole week missing medicine classes would probably be the end of it for me. Probably, I would not be able to catch up with others. James found me lost in these thoughts holding the folder in my hands.

"Reading it again?" He asked quietly, resting a hand on my shoulder, and peeking over my head.

"I called them. I had some doubts." I said, planting a kiss on his fingers.

"You're tempted." He said, sitting by my side.

"I don't know if I am capable of doing it. It's very hard." I said.

"There's only one way to find out." He instigated me.

"I think so." I said not very confident.

"So, what are we going to do today?" He asked, pulling me to him, and I leaned with my back against his chest.

"I was thinking that we could go out for a walk and then we could have lunch and then we could visit Mrs. Smith at the hospital and finally, tonight we have the damn party." I said.

"Sounds perfect." He agreed easily.

"Are you hungry? Do you want to have breakfast?" I asked him.

"Why don't we have breakfast at that coffee house near Central Park?" James suggested.

"Let's get ready then, I'm starving." I said getting up and giving him my hand.

We shared the shower, playing with each now and then. James watched while I moisturized my body.

"Enjoying the view?" I asked him with a smile.

"You girls are weird. Why not just take a shower dry yourself and get dressed? It's lotion for this, lotion for that, then it's the facial lotion..." I laughed hearing him.. "But I love the smell though." He said burying his face in my breasts.

"Yeah... and that's the perfect place to fell a scent." I laughed, pulling his head up.

"We all have our favorite places." He joked and we both laughed loud.

Finally, we got dressed and we left the building visibly happy.

"... it's freezing." James said as we stepped outside.

The sun was shining and the sky was practically clean. There were only a few clouds here and there but the temperature was incredibly low. It was one of these days where you can't even breathe without freezing. One of these days that it hurts when you breathe in the cold hair, so you breathe out really quickly because you don't want it inside.

We walked down the street hand in hand. James was amused making comments on people's clothes and faces and he was making me laugh. We enjoyed every minute of our walk until the coffee shop. Being in New York with him, the city didn't seem so ugly to me. Well, I never thought the city was ugly but I was unhappy and all of a sudden, everything was awesome. I noticed details in the buildings that I had never seen before. New York was definitely a better place.