Chapter 14

It took us about forty minutes to arrive in my place through the coast road which was astonishing regarding the sea sight and I wanted James to experience that beauty. As I parked the car in front of the gate that led to my small haven, James whistled and then smiled looking at me, as if he had seen the biggest palace in the whole world. My house was not that big, after all, I lived there alone. Still, his eyes shone as if he had seen a palace. It was my palace indeed. I loved it. My small property was very hidden and extremely private and I think that's what pleased him the most. James, like me, was the private type.

"This is awesome" He said, grinning again. That cute grin of him that affected me more and more.

"It's not that awesome." I rolled my eyes. "It's not big." I added as I opened the gate. "It's..." I paused, looking at him for a few seconds and I forgot what I was going to say because I got so lost in the ocean he had in the place of his eyes. "... cozy..." I finally said, uncertain if that was what I was going to say before I got lost in his glare.

"It's awesome." He whispered as I stopped the car and I smiled at him pleased that he liked it.

"Let's meet the rest." I told him as I took the keys from my car's ignition.

"I'm ready." He said as he got out of the car.

James stopped to watch everything in detail. I think he was thrilled that I was letting him in my most private place. He watched the garden, contemplating every single detail of it. My lawn was in good state, it was green. I had a tree in front of the house and small places filled with daisies. He smiled when he noticed the flowers and looked at me with sweet eyes.

"You really like them." He told me, remembering those were my favorite flowers.

"I do." I smiled back. "Is my garden ok?" I played with him as he still looked around. "Because it is better be ok, since I pay a lot to a guy to keep it decent."

"It's really cool." He nodded.

"Then, let me show inside." I said, holding his hand to pull him away from there. "It's a simple house..." I warned him for I assumed he was used to much bigger and more luxurious places than mine.

"I like it simple, Lea." He said quietly while he waited for me to open my front door.

I opened the door and we got inside directly in the living room. I had a fireplace that I had yet used and the living room was quite spacious. On the left, there was a door which led us to the kitchen and on the side a corridor that led us to the bathroom and the bedrooms. One of them was a suite, which was obviously my bedroom. One of the rooms was still missing furniture, but it was going to be a bedroom for the guests. The other, I used it as a library and it was where my Metallica collection was kept too. When we got to that part of the house, he was amazed looking at all the stuff I had of the band. Part of me whished it wasn't there, but never in a million years I thought I would take James to my house someday. I didn't want to come out as such a big fan and he was being faced with that reality, but there was nothing I could do about it. It was right there in front of his dissecting eyes.

"I didn't think you were such a massive fan." He said watching all the stuff, scrutinizing everything in detail.

"I told you I was..." I smiled clumsily. "Is that strange?" I asked him because I was feeling so embarrassed. "Because I understand if you think it is..."

James took his eyes of my memorabilia and looked back at me and smiled sweetly while I was biting my lower lip so nervously.

"I used to buy stuff..." I added, feeling like I had to explain myself.

"It doesn't bother me at all." He finally answered me. "In fact, it's so awesome..."

"Is it?" I asked back rather surprised with the smile on his lips. I thought he would probably feel overwhelmed but he didn't seem to bother at all.