Chapter 68

Our alarm clock buzzed at 8.30. I didn't just turn it off, I punched it hard, and then stretched. I looked at my side and James's eyes were still closed, so I leaned over him, and surrounded him with my arms and one of my legs.

"Time to wake up, sleepy boy." I said, planting kisses on his cheek. He muttered something hard to understand. "Hey, you can't bail on the studio today." I insisted.

"I know, but I don't want to go." He pouted, making me giggle.

"You better get up." I said, giving him one final kiss and leaving the bed.

"Where are you going?" He asked, raising his head of the pillow.

"I promised your sister I would take her to a job interview. I'm gonna take a shower." I told him.

He reached for my hand and pulled me back to the bed. I sat on it and he surrounded my waist with his arms pulling me back to him.

"Don't go yet." James asked. "Come cuddle with me for a while. I need your cuddles." He said.

"My cuddles?" I curled an eyebrow and smiled. "I know what kind of cuddles you're looking for." I said, pulling him away and laughing.

"No honestly... I just want some kisses." He said, laying me down on the bed and resting his head on my belly.

"If your fans could only hear you now." I giggled again. "Where's the metal guy?"

"On vacation..." He smiled. "He's in the studio and on stage. Here I am just a regular guy and your boyfriend. Come on, show me some love." He said with his naughty smile. I sang to him.

"Faster... love... Make me go... Shoot me... Faster, faster... Love, sucking my love..." James laughed out loud.

"Not exactly what I was talking about, but I guess I won't mind that too." He winked

"I thought so." I said, getting up as I got rid of his arms.

James followed me to the shower, but he behaved. He was running late too. We had breakfast in a snap, and I put Disco outside. About an hour later, we were both leaving the house each one in a different car.

"Wanna meet me in Sausalito to have lunch?" James asked before he left.

"I don't know babe; it all depends on what time I'm finished with your sister. I'll call you later ok?" I told him.

"Ok. I'll wait for your call." He said. I leaned over his car window and kissed him goodbye.

"See you later." I said.

"I'm gonna miss you." He rubbed his nose on mine.

"I'll do my best to meet you at lunch, I promise." I gave him one last kiss.

After, I got in my car. I followed James until the junction at the end of our street and then, he turned left towards Sausalito and I turned right towards downtown. He waved at me before he turned and I waved him back. I arrived at Dee's place a bit late, as I got stuck in the traffic on my way there.

"Sorry Dee. I got stuck in the traffic." I told her when she got in the car.

"No problem. We still have plenty of time." She said.

She was looking great in her black suit, and her eyes had a special gleam that I didn't remember seeing there before.

"What's that special look in your eyes?" I asked her, starting to drive.

"What look? Nothing..." She shrugged, but her tone was even more suspicious.

"Ah... you're trying to run away from the subject." I tapped her.