Chapter 94

"Hi mom!" I said as I got to her house.

She was taking me to the airport and she was also going to look after Disco while I was in LA working.

"Hi sweetie. How are you?" She said, walking to the kitchen and leaning against the sink for she was washing some plates and I sat by the kitchen's table and stole one of her cookies.

"I'm fine. And you?" I asked her. "Why are you doing the dishes?" I asked right after.

"The maid is on her day off." My mother smiled. "I'm doing alright. Where's disco?" She asked, looking around trying to see where he was.

"Outside. He's in love with your dog. They are probably making love." I laughed.

"Lea..." My mother shook her head.

"I don't wanna know about having puppies." She said.

"I can't help it mom. Disco's a guy and you know how guys are. Maybe you should fix your dog." I laughed.

"Where were you last night? I called you home and you weren't there." My mom asked changing the subject.

It took me a while to answer. I wasn't sure if I should tell her I had been with James, but then I also didn't want to lie to her. So, I decided to tell the truth. The truth is always a winner my parents taught me.

"I was with James." I told her, though my voice came out weak and low.

My mother just washed her hands and looked at me, and then she sat at the table right in front of me. I knew a lecture was about to begin.

"Lea..." She started. "I'm worried about you, honey."

I got up from my chair immediately. I knew where that conversation was going and I wasn't interested in it. Not that time

"Mom, there's nothing to be worried about. I'm fine." I said, walking around the kitchen.

"Nothing happened?" My mom asked with an eyebrow raised. I was terrible in lying to her, so I just told her the truth.

"We just kissed." Then, I sat again and held her hand. "But I know it's wrong! I told him it shouldn't happen again."

"You know better than that. You two love each other. It's hard to be close and resist temptation. Plus, it hurts much more. He's living with the mother of his children!"

"I know, mom!" I exclaimed. " But I can't just leave him now. He needs me. I'm not gonna deny it's easy because it's not. It hurts a lot to be with him and not being able to touch him. I know it's forbidden." I told her.

"Even knowing it's forbidden; I know one day both of you are gonna forget that and subside to your feelings. And it scares me the amount of women he's been sleeping with, probably not even taking precautions, and obviously his addiction. Lea, has he ever been tested for AIDS?"

That question shocked me. In fact, I had been so absorbed by his addiction that the STD part didn't even cross my mind, but she had a point.

"Not that I know of." I whispered.

"See why I care my daughter?"

I nodded. "I see your point, but I know what I'm doing."

"Lea, in love there's no such thing as "Know what I'm doing." There's only your feelings, and even if you know it's wrong, most of the times your feelings are much stronger than your reason." She said.

"GOD! You know what?" I said, raising the tone of my voice. "James is right! Sometimes I think he overreacts, but this time he's got it spot on. Everyone is against us. No one wants us to be together, it's incredible! Can't anyone see that I am trying to help him?"