Chapter 84

My mornings were always a routine: getting up at seven, showering, breakfast, tapping Disco quickly and then leave to college. That morning was a bit different though. To my surprise, James got up and joined me for breakfast.

"Good morning." I greeted him really surprised.

"Morning babe." He said opening the cupboard to look for a glass, poured some orange juice and then leaned over me and kissed me. Then, he sat in front of me. "Aren't you a bit late?" He asked.

"Not really. I still have time. I have a Cytology class and the teacher is always late. You're up so early!" I remarked as it was not usual.

"I'm going to see Cali; I want to be there early so I can spend the morning with her."

"Good." I told him.

I know I was not much talkative, but I was still a bit mad at him and he knew it. I got up and left my cup in the dishwasher and then I approached him and pecked him.

"I have to go. See you later." I told him, grabbing my books that were resting on a chair.

"What time are you leaving?" He asked.

"One o'clock. Bye."

I yelled from the door and shutting it the next second. I ran to my Jeep and got the engine working in a minute. I was turning the car around when I saw James coming out of the door running and calling me. I opened my window and he rested an arms on it.

"Can I pick you up for lunch?" He asked.

The blue of his eyes was extremely light that day. He looked peaceful and his hair was lighter too because of the sun. James looked like my James and not the crazy, rebel and untamed rock star.

"Of course, you can." I smiled. "But I have to come back to college. I have this essay to finish." I told him.

He just smiled at me and nodded. I took one hand off the wheel and run it through his face. James closed his eyes as I caressed him and then I just took a deep breath because I wanted to ask him a tough question. One than I know he would never say "Yes" to, but at least I could read something in his expression.

"James, I want to ask you something..." I started.

But I stopped the next second, trying to find the right way to make him a terrible question. I looked down at my lap trying to find the best words.

"On tour... when I was not there... did you... hum... did you have... hum..." I was so afraid of posing that question that I was stuttering all over.

He stuck an arm inside the car and grabbed me under chin lifting my head up. I looked at him with tears probing in my eyes just by thinking of it.

"If I had other women?" He asked me. "Is that what you were going to ask me?" He asked sounding calm.

There was no trace of anger in his words or in his face. I just nodded, confirming what I wanted him to tell me.

"No. Lea, there's only you. I haven't touched other women since we are together."

I could tell by his calmness that he was telling the truth. I took my seatbelt off and opened the door, getting out of the car to hug him. He held me really close and strongly, almost suffocating me.

"Is that the reason why you didn't want to make love to me last night?" He asked. I let go of him and looked in his eyes.

"No. "I gave him another kiss and got back to the car. "See you later." I told him smiling and closing the door. With no further delay, I just drove to college extremely late.