Chapter 43

I woke up a bit early in the morning. I didn't hear any noise, so I figured out they were all sleeping. I could hear the rain and wind outside though, and I frowned when I thought I had to get out of the bed and face the terrible weather. Then, looking at James sleeping by my side it things were even worse. I wanted to snuggle and cuddle with him and enjoy my day with him. This day he was free but the day after he had the rehearsals and the day after that he had the show. So, this was our last free day.

"Why are you awake so early?" He asked in a sleepy, raspy voice. I didn't notice him waking up too.

"I have to go to the hospital, it's Monday." I told him kissing him on his forehead.

"I want to spend my last free day with you." He said, stretching his arms above his head and then looking at me. "It's my last day off..." James complained.

"You will." I promised him. "I'm gonna be there just in the morning. But I really have to go, people are counting on me. Some patients are waiting for me. I can't leave them." I explained.

"Can I go with you then?" He asked.

"You want to come with me?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah..." He nodded. "I'm already awake and I want to be with you and since you have to go there, I think it's a good idea. Do you think they'll be fine with me going with you?" James asked.

"Yeah..." I nodded. "I don't see a problem but these people have cancer, James." I told him, since I knew it might bring some bad memories for him. "Are you sure you're going to be ok seeing that? You know what I mean, isn't it going to trigger your memories?" I ended up forming the question.

"Maybe, but you're going to be there with me." He grabbed my hand in his and he kissed it. "I'll feel safe." He smiled after.

"Are you really sure?" I asked him again running a hand over his hair. I wanted to love him again so much. That was such the perfect awakening, with him by my side.

"Yeah, I'm sure." He said, coming closer and kissing me. "Why can't I be with you for a second without kissing you?" He asked, changing the subject and planting small kisses on my face. I giggled.

"We have to get ready if we want to be there on time." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and raising my head a bit to kiss him and then I kissed his neck.

James wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me to him making me fall on top of him.

"Then, you have to let go of me." He said, smiling tangling his hands in my hair.

With a quick move I got rid of his arms and got up. I pulled the blankets back leaving him uncovered and walked to my bathroom.

"What?" He yelled. "Are you gonna leave me like this?" James protested.

I peeped from the bathroom's door. "Time to get up Hetfield. I don't wanna be late. I have responsibilities." I winked.

All of a sudden we heard Lars shouting from the other room. "I can't believe you guys."

James knocked at the wall. "Shut up, fucker." He laughed.

James got up and joined me in the shower. Though it was hard not to subside to our desire and lust, we managed to do so. The shower went with no further caresses other than some kisses. As I got ready first, I went to kitchen to get the breakfast ready. I turned the coffee machine on, made some orange juice, and I made James scrambled eggs and toasts too. Having everything ready, I sat at the table and as he was taking a bit longer, I started eating.