Chapter 93

I slept late in the morning and I felt really lazy. I stretched and yawned as I looked at the clock. It read eleven o' clock and with a lot of effort, I dragged myself out of the bed. I put on my robe and got out of the bedroom. I stopped as I passed by the bedroom where James was sleeping and peeked inside. He was still sleeping. He was laid on his stomach and his arm was wrapped and around the pillow. His back was uncovered, so I tiptoed inside and pulled the covers up. He stirred a bit in his sleep as I did so, but he did not wake up and I left quietly to let him rest. I went to the kitchen and did the usual. Disco came running wagging his tail and walked with me to the kitchen. Then, he sat near his mugs waiting for the food and the water. Once I served him, he ate everything franticly as if the food was about to end. I put the bread on the toaster and I turned the coffee machine on. After a couple of minutes, I sat at the table having breakfast and Disco was sitting by my side waiting for his part of my breakfast. My dog was like that. He had caught some bad habits. Just when I was finished, I remembered that James's clothes were scattered between the living room and the stairs. So, I thought about picking it all up, but I was stopped on my way there by the ring of my bell. I saw my father on the screen of the security camera and I opened the door immediately.

"Dad!" I greeted him, as he appeared on my door, and I hugged him tightly.

"How are you sweetie?" He asked.

"I've been great, and you when did you arrive?" I asked for he had been in New York.

"Last night, but you weren't home." He said.

I took him to my kitchen and offered him a cup of coffee. I knew he would accept it for he is addicted to coffee as much as I am.

"I can see the party was all night long." He said pointing at my pajama and robe.

"Not really, but I was tired and then I felt too lazy to have a shower and get dressed. I'll do that later." I smiled at him.

"So, how's James? Have you talked to him?" He asked, walking to the living room, just when he noticed a shirt on the stairs.

"He's doing alright. " I said avoiding the look on my father's face as he entered the living room and saw James's jeans and boots on the floor.

"Lea!" He said, looking from the jeans to me, a surprised look in his face.

"Dad..." I started as I knew he was getting it all wrong. "That's James's. He's sleeping upstairs." I said, trying to explain.

"Oh... Oh..." My father stuttered. I understood once more he was taking it the wrong way..

"Oh! No! Dad... no... it's not what you're thinking. No."

"Lea, it's ok. It's none of my business. Maybe I shouldn't have come." He said.

"Dad, he's sleeping in the guests room. It's not what you're thinking. He just got here a bit loaded and I had to sit him here and then I took his clothes off..." My father interrupted me.

"Lea, please... I'm still your father. I don't wanna know about you undressing a guy even if it's James. I got the picture." He said.

For a moment, my father was a bit disturbed and quite frankly a bit embarrassed, yet not as embarrassing as James appearing in the living room in boxers and cursing.

"Lea, where the fuck are my clothes? Fuck! My head hurts like a motherfucker. Son of a bitch! Hangover from hell. Oh Fuck!"

He said all that so fast and without breathing that he didn't give me time to interrupt him and inform him that my father was there. My father looked at James with his eyes wide opened and James stopped as a statue at the door of the living room. Me? I had to control my laughter. I chuckled a bit and then handed James his clothes. He just smiled and waved at my father and then disappeared. I looked at my father and burst into laughter. Not avoiding it, my father laughed too.