Chapter 6

I woke up feeling so relaxed and in such a good mood that I didn't even need my alarm clock. I woke up without the help of a digital device that morning. As I opened my eyes, I stretched my whole body, raising my arms high above my head and stretching as much as I could and then I looked at the clock and much to my happiness, I realized I could stay in bed a few more minutes, since I only had to be downstairs at 10 am and the clock read 8.30. I stayed there laid on my back, staring at the ceiling and for the first time ever I was grateful I was staying at a hotel for some work. Usually, I hated it and never understood why we had to do so but that uncommon fact had a good reason: James of course ... James happened in that hotel. I met him there and I was getting to know him better there. That was a great reason to be grateful for staying in that particular hotel while working.

I smiled all alone as he invaded my mind one more time. He was invading my thoughts quite frequently, I confess. Whenever I had some free time, he would pop up in my thoughts. My eyes closed so I could see him even clearer and I remembered about the sound of his voice and the sound of his clumsy laughter. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes again and I stared at the white boring ceiling. I was fucked up. I could perfectly see that. I was infatuated with someone impossible to have. What was I expecting? A miracle? He was about to leave in a couple of days. We lived in different countries. Hell, we lived in different continents!

Not wanting to give the subject more importance than I should, I took a deep breath and got out of the bed and went for a shower. I stayed there for a while just enjoying the water running down my skin, until I thought I had washed all James away of me. It took long. He just didn't disappear in an apace. It took long minutes under water until I felt so relaxed that I didn't know what I was thinking about anymore. Just then, I closed the water and grabbed the white towel with the hotel initials embroidered in it and dried myself and then I came back to the bedroom to get dressed. To wear, I chose some random clothes because it didn't matter. It never mattered when I was working because I had to change later for some fancy clothes for the brand I was advertising for. I ended up being in some jeans, a white top, and flip flops. Not very appealing, I know, but I would look better later.

Meanwhile, room service arrived with my breakfast. As I opened the door, I saw my breakfast and a bouquet of flowers. A bouquet of white daisies to be more exact. My jaw dropped and my heart raced expectantly though I had no clue who had sent me the flowers. For a moment, I thought it could have been Rob, but my gut was telling me that the flowers were not from him. My gut was telling me that the flowers were from someone else, and I wanted it to be from someone else. That someone else specifically. I thanked the boy and took everything inside, remembering later that I didn't even tip him. The flowers made me forget completely about the rest and I started looking for a card. I found it and I opened the envelope to read the following:

"Good morning, Mayflower.

I'm taking you out for dinner tonight. Be ready around 7pm.

No... stop thinking about it. I won't take no for an answer.

Hope you have a good day.

J."

I smiled. I smiled like a stupid young girl and I felt my heart melting. When I finished reading the note, I took the small piece of paper to my nose, trying to smell James through it and an even larger smile formed on my lips. Holy Mother of God! It was just sinking in me that James was inviting me out for dinner! James Hetfield was inviting me out for dinner again, and I was feeling completely ecstatic. I giggled all alone like a young little girl and read the note again and then again. My heart was racing and suddenly the day had gained a new meaning.

After my little celebration, I took it all outside and I sat at the balcony and had my breakfast peacefully, enjoying the morning sun and the landscape. I had a view to the sea, and I loved it. That morning, the landscape in front of my eyes seemed more beautiful than ever. I had skipped the usual toast and coffee cup that day and I had a croissant with ham, an orange juice, and a cup of tea instead. My mood was terrific, and the flowers just made it even more perfect. Holy shit! I couldn't get over the feeling that he had sent me flowers and daisies, nonetheless. How could he be so cool and sweet? I had never imagined him that way. I mean, the type of guy that sends flowers to a girl. He was surprising me and in good ways. James was a wonderful surprised and I loved the person the I was getting to know. He was on my mind the entire time while I ate and even if I loved the peaceful view over the Mediterranean and thinking of him, I had to comply with my duty and when done, I went downstairs for another round of boring photographs. Night couldn't be here fast enough.