Chapter 3

When I entered my room, the first thing I thought was about calling Rob, but I needed to get ready and I didn't have much time until James knock at the door of my suite. I didn't know why suddenly that was a priority, but at the time I just thought that I had booked a meeting with a possible friend. It was that. I thought I was making a new friend and nothing else. So, instead of calling Rob right away, I decided to delay that phone call one more time. I thought it was better to call Rob when I came back from dinner because we had so much to talk about and the call would not be quick and could not be voided of meaning. It needed time and quietness. It needed serenity and I had none that moment. My mind was elsewhere and my heart was still racing. It hadn't stopped racing since that afternoon.

So, the shower was easy and fast and even running the moisturizer over my body was fast. I skipped some of my beauty routines so I could be even faster. Choosing what to wear for that special evening, however, revealed to be a very hard task. I took some time looking at my clothes in complete disbelief, for I couldn't find anything that I wanted to wear for the occasion. I was going to have dinner with a gorgeous man, who was used to be around gorgeous women and I wanted to look gorgeous too, just like any other girl would. Who wouldn't want to look nice if they had the chance to have dinner with James Hetfield?

Somehow, I wanted to impress him. I wanted to make him to look at me and like it. For this reason, I tossed outfit over outfit on the bed, unable to decide which one to choose. Then, resigned to the fact that I was too unsure, I just decided to put something random because it was just a dinner with a guy. I decided to make that dinner non relevant. I didn't even know why I was so anxious about it. So, I chose a white strapless dress and put on pair of black high heel sandals that tied around my ankles. Then, I applied some makeup but nothing exaggerated. The most natural possible. When I was about to finish it, I heard a knock at the door. I wasn't ready yet, but I went to the door to receive him and opened it to find him standing there with his hands shoved in his pockets and looking really neat. He looked incredibly nice and my jaw dropped on the floor that moment. James looked perfect. Flawless.

"Wow..." I blurted mindlessly while looking at him from his face to his feet and back again and then back again.

It had almost been an involuntary move, but one that I could not control at all. The scent that invaded my nostrils was to die for. He had put on cologne, an incredible manly scent that combined all his beauty with an incredible smell. Irresistible.

"I take that as a compliment." He smirked, having his fun, and then entered the suite not even waiting for my invitation.

Gorgeous, but his manners needed to be polished. One does not enter someone's suite without being invited, but James couldn't care less. His daring personality was appealing though, I confess. I liked a rebel man, but I needed to play my part.

"Oh... yes, you can come in." I said, rolling my eyes and closing the door.

"I am already in." He smiled a soft smile that made my legs go weak.

"I noticed it!" I smiled back. "I was being sarcastic."

"I can't read sarcasm." James grinned a little more and I knew he was just daring me again. I put my guards down there though.

"Give me just a second and I'll be ready." I added while walking inside the bedroom and leaving him to sit on the couch. "You can grab something to drink from the fridge..." I yelled from inside my bedroom.

Instead of going to get ready right away, I peeked at him from the bedroom's door for a few seconds. I couldn't get enough of his image, I swear. He looked really good and so different from what I was used to see him. I had to consider that I was used to see him in stage clothes or in magazines and that I had never been face to face with him until then so my judgment wasn't a fair one. Still, he was really well dressed in black linen pants and a gray polo. James looked wonderful in elegant clothes. Oblivious to the fact that he was being watched, he was looking around my stuff and I giggled really low when I saw him putting all the clothes I had scattered all over the living room from the photo shooting in a small pile on the couch.