Chapter 73

We landed around 6 am in Miami. We slept a bit, but you know you can never fully rest in a plane. Not me anyway. So, let's say that James and I had probably slept only a couple of hours. So, we were a bit groggy when we got out of the jet. My head was pounding and my eyelids were incredibly heavy. Hand in hand, we walked to a black car that was waiting for us on the runway. Night was turning to day. The sky had already some shades of dark blue, not entirely black and few orange stripes were adorning it perfectly. The driver opened the door of the backseat for us, and we entered the car. Immediately, I leaned against James, who surrounded my shoulders with his arm and kissed the top of my head.

"Tired?" He asked quietly. I could tell he was very sleepy too by the tone of his voice.

"Yes." I said, nodding. "Why is he taking so long?" I asked, raising my head to see where the driver was.

"He is picking up our bags." James told me.

"Oh..." I blurted, leaning back against him.

"Are you gonna sleep?" He asked with his lips glued on the crown of my head. He could be so sweet and tender.

"I might..." I answered, feeling my eyelids heavier than ever.

"It's ok." He kissed the top of my head. "I will wake you up when we get to the hotel."

"Ok." I said, closing my eyes.

I don't know how much time had passed, but I woke up with James whispering my name tenderly in my ear and straying my head from his chest very gently.

"Lea... wake up, love." He whispered.

"Are we here?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Yes... let's go, babe." He told me.

The driver appeared on my side and opened the door. I was so sleepy that I fought a little to stand straight and James giggled while watching me.

"Don't laugh." I smiled at him.

"It's impossible." He kissed my lips. "You look too adorable."

The doorman of the hotel came to grab our luggage and I heard James saying to the driver to pick us up around two pm. So, I knew that it would be the time we were leaving again. It gave us some time to rest. I was fine with that. Then, he held my hand and we followed the doorman inside the hotel's lobby. Though I was extremely sleepy, I could tell the hotel was extremely posh. Decorated in modern motifs. Very minimalistic but very beautiful. I loved the simple decorations in tones of red and white. I remember an extremely high ceiling with lights embedded in it. But I was too tired to notice more details. The check in was fast and we found ourselves in the elevator in 10 minutes after our arrival. The ride to our floor took mere seconds, and as James opened the door of our bedroom on the 11th floor, I lost my feet wear in the middle of the suite and began to get undressed while I walked to the bedroom.

"That's sexy." James giggled behind me as I was leaving a trail with the clothes I was losing.

"Babe... no ideas..." I said, looking back. "I am really tired."

"I am too." He smiled and pecked my lips.

I was so tired that I didn't even look for a sleep wear inside my bags. I just grabbed my necessaire and took it to the bathroom. I cleaned my face and brushed my teeth and slid in the bed naked. Which was not that bad, since I loved to sleep naked. I am not sure how long it took for James to join me. I think I might have fell asleep during the minutes he was in the bathroom doing his hygiene too, and then I woke up with his weight on the mattress.