Chapter 69

As the morning was rather warm. James and I decided to have breakfast outside. We set the table in our back yard and enjoyed the sunny morning. Disco was running like a mad dog stalking a butterfly, and both of us laughing loud watching him. He was like our kid. We were in love with the dog and he was extremely spoiled. Much more than he should be, but we couldn't help it. James loves dog as much as I do.

"Have you ever seen him eating flies?" James asked me with a huge smirk,

"What?" I said with my mouth opened looking at him.

"He stalks them and then he eats them. It's truly gross." He laughed. "I can't believe we have a dog this crazy." He said, shaking his head but truly amused with the dog's adventures.

"Since we're both crazy it doesn't surprise me." I said. "A lot of the stuff that he does it's your fault, because you teach him." I pointed that out. "You teach him all bad tricks he knows."

"Me?" He said, resting a hand on his chest with the most innocent smile he could pull off.

"No... me." I smiled.

"I like to tease him, that's a fact." He admitted.

"At least you admit something."

After finishing our breakfast, I took the plates to the dishwasher and James called Lars to see how they were doing and if everything was alright.

"So, is she and the baby ok?" I asked him, shoving my hands in my pockets.

"Yeah..." James confirmed. "Myles was born at 8.30 am, and both mommy and baby are doing fine. Lars is beyond happy. I can tell by his voce." He said smiling.

"And we can visit them today?" I asked.

"Yes, I told Lars we were coming for a visit."

James went to work in his 1967 black Camaro in the garage, and I went down to the beach with Disco. He loved to run on the sand, and he let the waves hit him by then. He loves water. I took the ball with me, which is his favorite toy, so we could play catch. As the day was warm, I threw the ball into the water to see if he dared to pick it up, and with no second doubts Disco run to the water and picked it, shaking his fur when he got out which made me run away from him. He was getting big. He was getting adult but he still loved to catch James's stuff. Disco had a fixation with everything that belonged to James, but he was easier to handle, and he'd follow our orders. He still slept inside the house though. During the day, he was fine with being outside but as soon as it got dark, he'd yelp at the door to get in, and if we didn't open the door, he would just tear the place down. So, we kind of have given up on trying to make him sleep outside and by then he was rather disciplined so it didn't bother us.

When it was around time to cook lunch, I took Disco up to the house, but feeling James was in the garage he just run around the house to meet him. I followed him, but while he ran, I walked peacefully. James was sitting on the floor and the dog had his paws on his shoulders and his tail was wagging, James was tapping his head laughing, melting with the dog's caresses. His face and hands were covered in oil and there was a bit in his air too. Still, the cutest man alive.

"So, how's the work so far?" I asked him, taking a glance at the car. James got up and pointed at the engine.

"Look at this babe, Lea." He said. He looked at the car as if he was looking at his own daughter or a woman he was in love with. His eyes sparkling. "I can't wait to have it ready."

"And you're gonna take me for a ride in it." I told him.

"Only if you let me go fast." He defied me.