#64: Valentines

Happy Valentines Day chicken wings lol im dateless as usual and yh i may have changed the lyrics a bit on Michael's part :-) LEUEK FEELS HRUT

Ashton: You grimaced upon the realizaton of today's date - Valentines Day. You have always despised every fourteenth of February because of the fact that no one even bothers to try taking you out. Throughout your high school years, you have never went on a date because all the boys were douchebags, they didn't want anything to do with you. And so, because of your bitterness towards the entire male population, you convinced your best friend to hold an Anti Valentines dinner. You and your best friend never missed this tradition, and you would go out for dinner every year to celebrate the fact that you feel bitter towards guys, and this dinner is to remind you that you are once again, dateless this year. You called your best friend up, humming as you waited for him to pick up, and once he did, you immediately asked what time he was gonna come to the restaurant. You heard him exhale from the other line, and after a few moments of silence, your eyes widened at his reply. "Listen, I think I'll skip this year's dinner," he says slowly, making you stutter a little bit. "W-what? Wh-why? Are you mad at me?" You bit your lip, furrowing your brows as you tried to recall everything you've said or done to him these past few days that might have offended him. "No, it's not you. It's me," he sighs once more, and you rolled your eyes at his cliche choice of a reply. "Stop that, now come on. Tell me what's wrong," you pushed him into telling you the truth, but you just head a sharp exhale as his reply. "I'm sorry," was the last words you heard from him before the line cut off, feeling anger and hurt building up inside of you. You dropped your phone onto your bed, mouth agape as you tried to process what just happened these past few minutes. You felt like crying - you didn't know why he decided to just cancel on you like that, when you've been having this dinner for about five years now. Why would he decide to just bail on you out of nowhere? There definitely is something wrong, and you wanted to know what it was. You stormed out of the house and angrily made your way over to his place, which was only a few blocks away from yours. You entered his home, as you knew where they kept the spare key of the house. You ascended the staircase and were on his way to his room to give him a piece of your mind, when you heard a tiny voice from the other side of the door. "Why didn't you?" The voice asked, and it only took you a moment to recognize the voice as Harry, Ashton's nine year old brother. You stopped in your tracks, holding your breath and pressed your ear against the door to try and hear them better. "I'm tired of hearing her complain to me every single year, Harry," you heard Ashton sigh from the other side of the door. You  were sad and angry at the same time, and was about to burst through the door when you heard him continue. "I can't take her complaining about how guys are blind and how guys wouldn't even bother giving her a second glance. She always complains that no one wants her and the sad thing was that, the person she was complaining to was the one who actually wants her the most." It actually took you a moment to process his words into your mind, because the words that escaped his lips sounded a lot like a confession. You could hear your heart hammering in your chest, and the heat rising to your cheeks at the thought of your best friend liking you. "So you like her?" You heard Harry's voice ask innocently, earning another sigh from your best friend. "I love her," he replies. You couldn't take it anymore though, you pushed the door open and Ashton's eyes went wide at the sight of you. You strode past Harry and wrapped your arms around Ashton's shoulder, pulling him into an embrace. You felt the tears stream down your cheeks, landing on top of Ashton's curly hair. "I'm so sorry I didn't know," you whispered in his ear, feeling his arms wrap around your waist. "C-can I make it up to you?" You asked, and Ashton pulled away to look into your eyes. There was a twinkle in them, causing your lips to curl up at the beautiful sight of his eyes in front of you, "What are you gonna do?" He asked, beaming. "Take you to dinner. Only this time," you wiped away the tears from your eyes and pressed a kiss onto his forehead. "It's a date. You're my valentine now," you grinned.