144. Alec Volturi - You're Strange but so am I

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

Cullen!Reader

****

Alec used to scare you, a lot. He was indifferent to you but something changed. The dynamic changed and neither of you could really pin point why. Or at least, Alec had his assumptions but he didn't intend on telling you them. He knew he scared you. You did a terrible job hiding it. Even so, you were always kind to him.

It was enough to get you talking to one another. At first it was slow but immediately picked up pace like an ice breaker. Your nerves seemed to ease slightly and that was when Alec really got to see the real you. You were bubbly, mischievous, overall you were always smiling. Whilst he never gave an external reaction, he felt the deepest part of his soul swoon, only a flicker, yet enough to be noticed like a candle in a room consumed in the dark.

Soon enough, Alec noticed how others saw you. You were young for a vampire but that didn't account for how misunderstood you were. Just because you were cheerful, didn't make you childish. Many presumed you weren't capable of real emotion but he knew better. He actually used his years of experience in this world that told him it was much deeper than that. You felt with your whole heart. Alec had become so accustomed to your smile that seeing you sad or even angry seemed completely out of character and had to be major. He observed all of this all the while barely being acquaintances. He still sensed you holding a piece of you back from him.

Unlike yourself, he wasn't one to beat around the bush. This particular day in the woods was no different. The day he arrived to check on Renesmee.
"You and I...we aren't so different." Alec said slowly moving forward. You stepped back for every step he took forward.
"You think so?" You tried to hide the nerves in your voice but the act was up when your back immediately hit the tree.
"Oh yes." Alec smirked before blocking you into the tree with his hands on either side of you. He made a noise. "What's wrong? Where's that Cheshire smile gone? Let me see that entrancing smile again."

It wasn't evident that Alec was actually opening up to you a little but it never was when it came to Alec wanting to know you. You found that throughout his visit, you were the one to keep him company. He even accompanied you on your hunt. Even Emmett commented that Alec had found a new Jane to follow around. That of course was when both you and Alec were far from earshot.

You were saddened when Alec had to go five days later. So much so that you walked with him to the end of the Cullen territory under the grounds of 'making sure the wolves didn't get the wrong idea'. You didn't know that you had no one fooled but no one stopped you. As you both left Esme swatted as Emmett's arm whispering. "Hush! (Y/N), has found a friend. Let them be."

"Dare I say it, I might actually miss you being around. I never thought I'd get on with you so well, you're rather reserved. I'll admit it. I really enjoyed your company, perhaps more than I should."
"The people who make us happy are usually the people we don't expect." Alec paused. "I hate that I just said that." He shook his head in disappointment.
You smiled but didn't respond. The conversation growing quiet for a moment as you looked at one another on the edge of Cullen territory.
"Will I hear from you soon?" You asked.
"My, my, you will miss me." Alec teased, a smirk growing on his lips. You playfully scowled. "I enjoyed your company as well, (Y/N). I will write to you."
"You could always call?"
Alec shook his head, smirk still plastered on his face. "I don't like telephones of any kind. I'm a little old fashioned, I'm afraid."
"Fine, I suppose I can survive with a letter." You grinned. "At least until you come back."
"Sorry, little Cullen. I don't think I'll be back for another ten years at the very least. I'd hate to think you'd be waiting so long for a visit." Alec smiled. "However, you're always welcome to Volterra."
You were surprised to get an invite from him since you had only really spoken the past five days. However you'd be lying if the offer didn't please you.
"I suppose that won't hurt. As long as I have Aro's approval." You said politely.
"I'll most certainly look into it then." Alec seemed pleased. "Until then, this is goodbye."
"Stay safe, yeah?"
Alec scoffed playfully. "I'm the dangerous one." Just like that, he was gone.