133. Runaway (Slight! Vladimir x Reader)

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

Rosalie smacked Emmett's arm in horror as to how he just let it be known to the Covens for your feelings for Vladimir. There was a silence as you felt the blood drain from your face. You were horrified and embarrassed. A few of the vampires chuckled, including Vladimir but when he did it was worse, there was a scoff in there. You turned to him, where he stood with Stefan both looking amused. You turned away from him. 'They're laughing at me.' You thought to yourself.
"They're not laughing at you." Edward said softly.
"We should be." Alistair spoke up. "That is absolutely ridiculous."
"Alistair, that is enough out of you." Tanya narrowed her eyes on him.
You bit your tongue as you had with many times when Alistair spoke. He had nothing pleasant to say to you, just like he didn't for anyone else. However, you were young as everyone liked to point out and human so you couldn't just brush it off.
"You know," you began, as you looked at Alistair.
"(Y/N), don't-" Edward moved forward.
"I find it ridiculous that you sit up in an attic all day but I haven't said a single word about it so for someone as old as you are I don't know how aren't capable of keeping your thoughts to yourself!" You snapped at Alistair.
"Okay, that's enough." Esme moved toward you taking your arms and walking you to the decking. "You can't say such things-"
"I know but I don't know why he hates me so much. I don't know what I did to deserve how he treats me."
"You haven't done anything, Alistair is just blunt and we know he doesn't really want to be here."
"Neither do I..." You muttered as you walked down the stairs to your car.

When you returned, you were faced with Carlisle, the one you felt you had disappointed the most. The one who could break your heart.
"(Y/N)... About what happened-" Carlisle began.
"I don't want to talk about it." You said abruptly before your voice went soft. "I'm fine. Can I go upstairs now?"
Carlisle returned to the news that you had an altercation with one of his friends and so he made a beeline to talk to you. You weren't in trouble but he did need to know what happened. He wasn't prepared to find out you had ran off in the middle of the night leaving everything behind and a note.

The confrontation had been and gone as well as the Covens who should have been home by this point but no one had heard from you since that day.
'I'm sorry for how we've ended and I'm sorry for doing this now. As you've probably realised, I've been keeping some issues I've been working through on the down low and sadly, what happened tonight has been the last straw.

Maybe Alistair is right, and I am ridiculous but I need you to understand how I feel and that I'm fixing it.'
Your note was short but by no means sweet. Carlisle knew you well and your short note only proved that they were figuratively far away from you, like strangers who you couldn't trust and sadly this had become much more literal. Eventually the Cullen's couldn't endure the worry anymore and asked for help from the least likely of friends, the Volturi. The Volturi only got interested when not only had the Cullens lost track of you but you knew their secret. Therefore, the kindest thing to do was to bring you back as tensions were already high.

You couldn't help but admire autumn. The trees leaves a variety of red, orange and yellow with the occasional brown and crumpled leaves. You were in the middle of nowhere in Germany and it had been months since you contacted the Cullen's. You had begun to hope that just maybe they had forgotten about you- that everyone had forgotten about you.

As soon as you felt strong arms around your middle, holding your arms in place within a familiar cold grip you struggled and kicked. Whoever this vampire was, was definitely much taller than you as when they straightened up, you were lifted off the ground, still kicking and demanding to be let go.
"Gotcha. I've gotcha, don't bother. I'm the last person you'll ever be able to fight off." You didn't recognise his voice.
Another vampire walked into your view, he was blonde and seemed amused by your struggle. You recognised the gold 'V' shaped crest on his chest. You turned your head to be met with another crest.

"Who are you!?" You screeched. "Oh come now, you've been in a bit of a situation for a while now. I bet you're hungry."
You stopped struggling as your stomach gave them a response with a big growl. You hadn't ate in a while now. The blonde chuckled and dug into his cloak, into the pocket. He pulled out a bright red apple. "We'll make a deal, hm? I'll give you this apple and you'll talk to us for the length of time it takes you to eat it."
It was a win-win situation meant for your favour. You knew that, you shouldn't trust them...but you were so hungry...

You nodded and you were lowered to the ground as the blonde held out the apple for you. You took it, looking it over. Surely, it'd be too much bother for him to poison it.
You took a bite before sighing in relief. You walked to the near by rock to sit down. The two vampires stood at either side of you.
"So would you like to tell us why you're away out here?"
"Because i made stupid choices, so im running from them before they come up to bite me in the ass. I figure i have enough time to start again."
"Im certain Carlisle Cullen would ask for our help to find you, if the reason was a little more than that."
"That's why you're here?"
"You know our secret."
You hummed. "Fair enough." You felt their eyes bore into you.
"Well, everyone might as well know." You muttered. "One night when all the covens were there to face...you guys, it was let out that i had a crush on Vladimir, or at least what i think it is and everyone laughed at me...Vladimir laughed at me. I got angry. I snapped at a lot of people including Carlisle and then i decided to leave...well thats what really did it."

Felix and Demetri looked at one another. They weren't the best with advice especially with something so trivial in their opinion. So they offered nothing. Demetri, after a moment of silence, spoke up. "The Cullen's are worried about you and want you to return to them. The reasons why you left aren't our concern but you need to come back to America with us whether you like it or not. You're a liability who is lucky to be alive." Their stares left you no room to argue.