145. Nearly breaking up with Demetri

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

You still felt so small under his gaze after so many months together. When you had a problem with the relationship, you felt like a bother. Demetri acted like you were a pest when you spoke of it and today was no different. However you were quieter after his dismissive attitude. At first he didn't notice but when he did, the thought wouldn't leave him be. It was incessant like the plague, itching at his very soul to find out just what was wrong with you. However, it never occurred to him that he may not have wanted the answer.

"I don't think you love me as much as I love you."
"You have ten seconds to stop talking" Demetri said, his eyes going dark. You could see he was angry. He slowly backed you into the wall behind you before trapping you, either arm on either side of your head. "Have you gone mad?"
You didn't respond for a moment. "I've already told you. I have nothing else to say!"
"You're delusional!"
"I'm so scared to lose you." You mumbled. "Yet I'd understand if you don't want me anymore. I know you go through a lot for me. It would be easier if you went to Heidi or-"
"Stop it! Shut up!" Demetri shook his head violently pushing the heel of his palms into his eyes. "You don't know what you're taking about!"
"I-" your voice cracked. "I don't want to feel like this anymore."
"You're acting like you've lost me!"
"I am losing you, Demetri! I'm going to lose you."
"No..." Demetri scanned your face. "No, you're not. It is I that is losing you." That was a difficult sentence to hear but you had to be honest with yourself. You didn't want to move on, but it was inevitable, you would at some point and you hated it. You didn't want to. Yet it felt completely out of your control.
"I miss you." You said quietly. "You've been everywhere but here for the past few months."
"(Y/N), listen to me and please hear me." Demetri sounded distraught, his eyes growing darker and darker. "I love you. I love you more than anything in the world. I love you so much that I don't think that could ever change."
You were suddenly dragged by Demetri after he made a noise of panic.

He led you to your shared room. Hurriedly closing the door before his attention was back on you, a solid grip on your face but not strong enough to hurt you. His forehead pressed to yours. "Believe me, please, please, believe me."
"I do, but I really hope it's enough- that you won't change your mind."
Demetri sighed. "I planned to tell you a little later."
"Tell me what?"
"Once I change you...I was going to make you my mate."
You inhaled sharply. You had the discussion of mates with Demetri. Vampires are very particular about their mates. They aren't found easily but once you know who's the one. It's more than marriage, it is the literal promise of eternity. His words meant that Demetri was sure about you and he wanted you forever. You swallowed, you had clearly taken all of this wrong. Demetri was genuinely worried you'd leave him and was trying to tell you just how much he loved you. "Promise me-"
Demetri didn't wait for you to finish, he firmly took your arms, forcing you to look at him. "I can give you forever. No amount of time will ever even chip at my love for you. It doesn't matter how long I'm away from you because you have my heart." All you could do was nod.
Demetri took hold of your chin before pulling you into a kiss.