51. Caius Voltury - Hungry Eyes

https://misc-oneshots.tumblr.com/

Hi! Could u do a twilight Halloween fic where the reader is now a young party planner and an old friend of Bella's & she comes to Forks to help plan a Cullen Halloween party & the Volturi show up for a surprise meeting & the reader (Caius's mate) can almost feel him staring at her. That'd be cool

----

"So, you're not going explain your weird new look or your chic new family?" You asked your old friend as you sat to the island in the Cullen's kitchen and started to mood board colour schemes for the Halloween party that Bella wanted you to plan.
Bella's lip twitched in nearly a smile, "I could tell you but then-"
"You'd have to kill me, I know, I know." You waved away the conversation and went back to taking stock of how many decorations Bella's little sister-in-law had brought.

After a moment of silence Bella reached over and covered your hand with her cold one, "You trust me, don't you? You feel safe here?"
You turned your hand over to squeeze hers and nodded.

You did feel safe with Bella, you'd been friends since you were both knee-high little tykes but that didn't mean that you wouldn't notice that change in her or the strange behaviours of her new family the Cullen's. You'd once broken the window of an elderly Romani woman down the street when you were a child and as punishment you had to go around every day to assist her with cooking and general chores. After you'd finished your punishment you still went to see her every day because you enjoyed her life lessons and seeing the Cullen's now with their marble skin and strange eyes conjured up the old stories that she'd tell you of the monsters of her home land.

You shook off the thought, you'd always been open minded but now was the time to focus on work and on making the Cullen's Halloween party a success, you know in case they were creatures of the night, maybe they'd look at you more favourably if you gave them a successful party.

You dismissed the idea as Jasper Cullen came to you, there was just something about him that was so calming.
"Alice is looking for you, I think you may want to hide." He warned you. Before you could ask him what he meant Alice rounded the corner, her arms bundled with material.
"Oh Y/N, there you are! I just thought of the perfect costume for-" Alice started but stopped. Her arms dropped the material to the floor as she started at you. You didn't break eye contact with her as Jasper rushed to her side impossibly fast. Edward was at the bottom of the stairs in an instant, he sparred a glance towards you before pulling Bella to one side.

Alice swallow hard as she snapped out of whatever was bothering and scooped up the material from the floor, she squeaked, "Actually I just thought of something better, I'll go sort it."
She went back the way that she'd came with Jasper in tow and when you turned to ask Bella what that had been about you found that she and her husband had also gone, and you were alone with your work file.

—-

"Are you sure? Can't things that you see change?" Bella asked Alice before she'd even fully entered Carlisle's study. Esme shut the door behind her to hide their family meeting.
"Events can change sure," Alice mumbled, and Jasper held her to his chest, "But not this. Y/N is Caius' mate and no amount of us hiding her will change that."

"So, we just let her come and take her away with them?" Bella snapped, and Edward rubbed her back to console her.
Carlisle pushed back his hair, "Bella you must understand, the mate bond is no less sacred because of who it belongs too, no matter how you feel about Caius, keeping Y/N from him will just end in destruction."
"If he has too Caius will destroy our coven and the town to get to her." Rosalie told her, and she too cuddled up to her partner.
"But we can send her away! We could hide her!" Bella tried.
Alice shook her head, "It's too late, the Volturi are too close, even if we get her away then the Volturi will catch wind of her scent. We can't hide her from Demetri."
Edward took Bella's hands, "If we keep her away from him then we will just entice his wrath but if we help their union then perhaps we can help keep Y/N's humanity."

————-

"I do so adore human traditions and mythology." Aro clapped his hands and poked at the plastic bats hanging from the ceiling of Carlisle's office, even that room hadn't been sparred a Halloween makeover, "I do believe that we are not properly dressed."
He glanced an eye over at the other Cullen's who were dressed strangely, some in clothing from their own era like Jasper who was dressed as a Civil War Major and Alice as a 1920s flapper girl.

"With all due respect," Emmet started and some of the other Cullen's flinched, whenever he said that it was going to be disrespectful, "You already look like you're in costume."
Aro looked to Carlisle for confirmation who gave him a tight nod, Aro clapped his hands, "Splendid."

"Is this of any consequence?" Caius snapped from his seat, he continued to stare at the doorway.
"What is bothering you dear brother, oh I wonder?" Aro mused and tapped his cheek in fake interest. Caius sneered at him and Bella tried not to flinch, her friend would have to leave with him.
Marcus ignored the bickering of his brothers to use his powers to watch the new connection that had sprung from Caius, it led through the door and down the stairs to where he knew you'd be.

Caius had caught your scent as soon as they'd crossed the state border, he'd sent Demetri ahead to ensure that the Cullen's wouldn't try to spirit you away and was pleasantly surprised to find that you were still at the Cullen's house awaiting his arrival, though it was clear that you weren't expecting the surprise guests. Caius had hissed in anger when he'd seen the state of your mortality but that was the good thing about mortality, it was easily changed.

—-

There was something nice about being in the middle of a successful party that you'd planned. Emmett especially loved the party game where you had to wear fake vampire teeth and bob for apples – Edward did not appreciate it.
A girl dressed as a minion passed you, "Great party."
"Thank you." You smiled and smoothed out the soft silk of the outfit that Alice had thrust upon you, a Medieval Queen's dress, it was surprising good at keeping you warm in the bitter Autumn air. Feeling the hairs stand up on the back of your neck you glanced back to catch the eye of the Cullen's last-minute blond guest. He didn't break eye contact, if anything, he looked hungry. You gave him a friendly smile before running to hide away with Jasper, the blond had been staring at you all night and you wanted to be near Jasper's ever calming presence.

"To say that your friends came last minute, their outfits sure do match." You mumbled to Jasper.
The corner of his mouth twitched, "Is that really what you wanted to say?"
Your face flushed, "Who's the blond?"
"Her name is Jane, but I think she's a little young for you." Jasper told you with a wry smile.
You elbowed him, "I'm sure she's lovely but you know that I meant the man. He keeps looking at me and I think I should go and introduce myself."

Jasper started, "His name is – "
"I believe I am capable of introducing myself, Major." A voice interrupted him, and the very blond stepped towards you from behind Jasper. Jasper stood beside you with his back poker straight.
He held his hand out for you and when you gave him your hand he brought it up to his cold lips and brushed them over your knuckles, "Caius Volturi, and to whom do I speak?"
The words flowed from his mouth like wine and clouded your senses, you opened your mouth to answer a few times but fell short into a stuttering blushing mess.

Jasper coughed behind his fist, "Y/N."
You blinked, "Oh yes, of course! I'm Y/N, nice to meet you." You awkwardly shook his hand with yours still atop his. He grinned predatorily at your awkwardness and flicked his wrist. In your peripheral you noticed Jasper leave your side. Caius pulled your hand forward slightly and turned so that he could take your arm in his as he walked you away from the crowd. Nor the warnings of your old Romani friend in your mind or Bella's warning look could pull your gaze from Caius.

Caius leaned down to your ear as you walked, his hair tickled your neck and cold radiated from him, "That dress is enchanting."

Your face was burning again, you stopped for a moment to look at him and felt your feet sway, "Oh Alice said I should be a queen."
His lips were just above yours, his eyes dark and piercing, "I couldn't agree more."