114. Emmett Cullen - Waiting For You

https://xcaptainhannax.tumblr.com/

Prompt: Can I have a one shot about Emmett Cullen being a Marine and his human mate being really nervous before he gets deployed on his next tour of duty? (requested)

I looked at the calendar in front of me biting my lip nervously. I knew that the day when Emmett was needed for duty was becoming closer and closer; in fact, I only had two days left with him until he left for almost two months.

I sighed and sat down on the couch, the stress was getting me hard; I couldn't imagine being away from him again, the house felt extremely alone when he was away and I wasn't sure that I could go over that again.

Involuntary tears started streaming down my face, I pressed my legs against my chest and hugged them, and then I started sobbing. It was ridiculous how attached I was to Emmett.

While I sank further into the couch I heard the front door opening and Emmett's voice sounded through the house.

"Babe, I'm home!" I felt the sound of the keys being deposited somewhere, I wanted to get up and smile for him but something in my body was stopping me from doing it.

I could hear his footsteps getting closer. "Babe, are you home?" he asked again and for some reason, I sobbed again but a little bit louder this time, Emmett took notice of my body and he sighed.

"Oh, baby, no, don't cry"

Emmett's POV (third person)

He could never stand when (Y/N) cried, it was too much for him and his heart ached when he felt her sobbing and what hit him harder was the sight of her on the couch trying to hold herself.

He made his way quickly to the couch next to her and pulled her on his lap, gently caressing her hair and whispering sweet words in her ear; she calmed down eventually and snaked her arms around his waist trying to hold him as close as she could making Emmett smile a little.

"I know you are nervous about this (Y/N) but I promise that I will take care of myself" he whispered gently hugging her tightly.

He didn't want to be deployed again, things with (Y/N) were better than ever and he didn't want to leave her alone for two months, it was the first time that they were going to be away from each other for such a long time and he could already feel the anxiety going through his body but shrugged that feeling off him before he could upset her even more.

"I'm just not ready to let you go again, Em" she whispered to him "What if something happens to you? I could never get through that; I don't want to be alone"

He grabbed her face gently making her look at him, he gave her a reassuring smile and caress her face with his thumb, their eyes never left each other's and Emmett felt as if he was complete again.

"(Y/N), I promise you that nothing will happen to me" he said and leaned closer to her face to plant a sweet kiss on her lips "I have a reason to come back home and I'm not going to let that go away" he kissed her again and pulled back just to scoop her into his arms and set her on her lap better so she had her legs on his sides straddling her. He swiftly grabbed her by the waist while she crossed her arms behind his neck; just then he kissed her again but this time he was trying to show her how much he loved her.

When they pulled away and he opened his eyes he could see her smiling and that made him smile like a madman; when she opened her eyes Emmett was already looking at her.

"I love you, (Y/N) and I swear that when I come back I will make sure that you remember that" his hands gripped onto her waist a little bit harder and she chuckled.